SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Hayden Peacemaker 412F 4x12 cabinet (£50 until end of weekend)

What's Hot
BadBoyKaneBadBoyKane Frets: 2
edited September 2013 in Amps £
Reluctantly selling my Hayden 4x12 as the Mrs thinks it's too big and I don't gig anyway so pointless for the bedroom so I need to save to get myself a smallish combo for home use.

It's is good condition and working order, has a few nicks here and there in the tolex, the worst you can see on the front left of the amp in the picture.

240 watts
4x Hayden 12" 16ohm speakers
1 4ohm, 1 16 ohm or 2 8ohm stereo inputs

It's rather large and heavy so collection only I'm afraid, I am in Waterlooville just north of sunny Portsmouth, however I am able to meet up in and around the area within reasonable distance (Southampton, Chichester, Bordon)

Bargain price of only £50 until the end of this weekend (29th Sept)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Too high price???
    Am open to offers.
  • BadBoyKaneBadBoyKane Frets: 2
    edited September 2013
    No interest???
  • Last price drop bump, really gotta make some space now.

Gotta be cheap for any 4x12 really?
  • BadBoyKaneBadBoyKane Frets: 2
    edited September 2013
    Price drop bump, can't really go any lower but I do need the space so a realistic offer will be considered.

• Price drop to £50 until the end of the weekend for quick sale then back up until it sells
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    Sadly I won't be near there until at least October (and maybe not this year) but I would seriously suggest that if you need the space, take the speakers out and keep them - they're Celestions of some sort by the look of it and probably worth around £25 apiece even if they're not a desirable model (they're not V30s, but they may be Silver Series 60s) - and take the cabinet to the dump. It's a really ugly box, which is why no-one wants it.

If I'm wrong, have a free bump anyway :-).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• That would sound like a possible plan. I could ship individual speakers then.

Any idea how I would find out what exactly the speakers are?
    Only info I can find on web is they are just Hayden designed and 60w each, other than that I can find out nothing else.

Would prob do em delivered for £20-£25 each. May even keep one and make a 1x12 cab for myself.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    edited September 2013
    Ah, the usual 'Special Design' bullshit :). They won't be, they'll be one of the standard cheaper models with a special custom Hayden sticker on the back ;).

If you look at the edge of the magnet there should be a sticker with a model number, or possibly just a 'T' number, which might be useful if it corresponds to anything known.

There aren't many 60W-rated Celestions, which is a help - the only two I can think of right now are the V30 (which they aren't, the magnets are too small) or the Silver Series 60, which isn't made any more but had a magnet that size I think. Of course the rating may itself be a bit spurious, there was a Line 6 'Custom 90' which was actually a G12P-80, if I remember right.

Whatever they are, they're probably reasonable if not great speakers, and definitely worth that sort of money.

If you are going to scrap the cab and build yourself one, obviously keep the handles, corners, feet etc as well, even though the jack panel is no use for a 1-speaker cab - but might also be sellable to someone wanting to make a stereo cab.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Thanks for the info, I'll take the back off in the morning and remove the speakers and have a look.

I'll chuck the empty cab on gumtree for a few quid for a week or 2 just to see what happens.
  • Just checked the speakers, there is only 1 sticker on the edge and doesn't tell me much, can't find nothing based on that. Sticker pic http://i43.tinypic.com/2ai0hvt.jpg Sorry, couldn't embed the picture using my iPhone as the button doesn't do anything.