Barbara Windsor

What's Hot
Gone.
You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1435
    Very sad, but not a surprise. Such a great entertainer, and such an interesting life. That giggle will forever make me smile.

RIP Babs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Have you got a large one... Rip Babs
    “Ken sent me.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Gone.
    An in-depth, tasteful and analytical tribute to a woman who’s career spanned nearly 7 decades and is somewhat of a national treasure!...

rip auntie babs
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    As a big fan of the Carry on films all my life, it is a sad day. Having said that, you don't really want to go on for too long with dementia I guess.

I loved her cute Carry on characters, but she also proved to be very good on Eastenders (not that I watch it!). That role really took her back into the hearts of the Nation.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Heard bits on the radio this morning. Very nice singing voice as well as stage performances alongside the  Carry On and EastEnders roles. Bit of a complex personal life at times but I guess not surprising. 

I don't normally watch EastEnders but I do like the odd Carry On film and she is so memorable from those. As said above a much loved figure. 
    RIP.

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72304

I do like the odd Carry On film and she is so memorable from those. As said above a much loved figure.
    For those of us of a certain age, she certainly did have ;).

I don't think she'd mind that either :).

RIP :(

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    poopot said:
    Gone.
    An in-depth, tasteful and analytical tribute to a woman who’s career spanned nearly 7 decades and is somewhat of a national treasure!
    The news notification arrived while I was listening to an episode of The Alexei Sayle Podcast. I started this thread immediately, intending to type more later then, didn't get around to it. 

Infamy, infamy!  :o
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    The bra snapping in "Carry on Camping". Ridiculously delicious fun. Bless the Kings & Queens of Political Incorrectness! 
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 556
    The " Bra " scene in Carry on Camping was a particular favourite of mine :-) She was a class act  . . A very sad day :-( 
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18728
    Carry On Doctor  "Ooh, what a lovely looking pear"  "You took the words right out of my mouth"
    RIP Babs.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Sad news.  :/
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.