Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Strung Out Guitars Glasgow - break-in, £30K of guitars stolen

What's Hot
ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
edited December 2020 in Guitar
Late last night - a total of 12 guitars stolen, both acoustic and electric, almost all in the £2K+ range. Taken without cases, so if you're offered one of these that seems suspiciously cheap and lacking a case - and possibly damaged - some of them are so distinctive (one is more or less unique) that they should be quite identifiable.

Electrics 

1. Fender No Caster Telecaster – USA Custom Shop Relic (2017) Butterscotch Finish Serial # R17644

2. Suhr Modern Pro (USA, 2017) Trans Denim Blue, Maple Neck & Fingerboard Serial # JS7H8W

3. Echopark Kentucky Clarence Rose USA 2013 White Victorian Rose Finish Maple Neck Serial # CK12-001

4. PRS Custom 22 Semi Hollow Ltd Edition 1 of 300 Made (USA 2010) Black Cherry Finish Serial # 162801

5. Gibson Custom Shop 356 (USA 2008) Black aged finish Gold Hardware & Bigsby Vibrola Serial # CS (8) 3381 : 2008 

6. Suhr Classic T Antique Korina (USA 2012) Tele Style Aged Finish Pau Ferro Fingerboard Serial # 17378

7. Hofner Violin Bass 500/1 – 20/40 Anniversary 1 of 400 (1995/96) Sunburst Finish Serial # 2040307

8. Fender Nashville Telecaster (Mexico 2018) Fiesta Red Finish, Noiseless Pickups Serial # ? 

Acoustics 

9. NK Forster Model C (England 2006) Spruce Top Indian Rosewood Back & Side

10. NK Forster GHO One off / Super Rare How Orme Neck Joint (England 2013) Brazilian Rosewood Back & Sides, Spruce Top 

11. Santa Cruz Tony Rice Model (USA 1994) European Spruce Top Indian Rosewood Back & Sides Signed By Tony Rice on label Serial # 1213R

12. L’Arivee OM-09 Spruce Top, Indian Rosewood Back & Sides (Canada 1993) Spruce Top, Indian Rosewood Back & Sides 

Serial # 0913359

If you come across anything, email info@strungoutguitars.com or PM me here and I'll pass it on.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 14reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15926
    John, that is quite dreadful bro

Good luck with it
    tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10103
    Is this a shop you work for @ICBM?
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15926
    Peeps that knew what they were looking for,,,,i know your shop and that gear ain't typical.yes?
    tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Definitely check your local pawn shops, gumtree and facebook marketplace for signs of these. Good luck!
  • SRD81SRD81 Frets: 310
    So gutted to hear this. I really hope the guitars can be recovered safely and that they get the bastards
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Is this a shop you work for @ICBM?
    Yes, I do the amp and pedal repairs, and a few bits of random guitar electrics and vintage hardware oddness.

Hootsmon said:
    Peeps that knew what they were looking for,,,,i know your shop and that gear ain't typical.yes?
    Or just looked at the ticket prices - apart from the Mexican Tele it's all the stuff that had the highest numbers. Apart from that and the L'Arrivée I don't think there's one under £2k.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

• chris45chris45 Frets: 221
    That's awful news.  I see the word is out on in the usual forums and given the lack of cases if someone tries to sell them it should be obvious,
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18385
    That's a blow.
    It is a huge irony that Nigel Forster's original Howe-Orme, was also stolen in a break in to his own workshop.
    Circulating the details here should widen the possibility that they can be recovered safely.
    Fingers crossed.
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2034
    Great shop I use fairly often, sorry to hear about this will keep eyes peeled
    Confirmed, no cases - also some of the guitars may be damaged, especially around the headstock and neck area since they were apparently so stupid that they didn't know how to get them out of the Hercules hangers, so just ripped them off the wall.

0reaction image LOL 15reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dang, sorry to hear this. Though hopefully the unique nature of the instruments might help get them back.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14035
    tFB Trader
    So sorry to hear this - I don't personally know them - But know a few good customers from that area that use them on a regular basis - I'll keep an eye out 
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    ICBM said:
    Confirmed, no cases - also some of the guitars may be damaged, especially around the headstock and neck area since they were apparently so stupid that they didn't know how to get them out of the Hercules hangers, so just ripped them off the wall.
    That’s savage,
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10103
    edited December 2020
    ICBM said:
    Sorry to hear that. In this case, maybe they aren’t guitarists and just went in and looked at the prices and planned their robbery based on the higher value items but couldn’t get them out the hanger. Most guitarists know how to use them I’d say. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    TeleMaster said:

Sorry to hear that. In this case, maybe they aren’t guitarists and just went in and looked at the prices and planned their robbery based on the higher value items but couldn’t get them out the hanger. Most guitarists know how to use them I’d say. 
    Hopefully they're also stupid enough not to know that trying to sell near-unique, probably damaged high-end guitars with no cases is likely to mean the guitars are near enough worthless, and how obvious they will be to anyone else in the trade...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    The really upsetting thing is that the shop suffers whatever the outcome. If these goons get caught and the guitars returned they will likely as not have sustained some fairly serious damage and therefore be devalued and I’m guessing you can’t get reparation fro the thieves. If they don’t come back the shops insurance premium goes up 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    DrBob said:
    The really upsetting thing is that the shop suffers whatever the outcome. If these goons get caught and the guitars returned they will likely as not have sustained some fairly serious damage and therefore be devalued and I’m guessing you can’t get reparation fro the thieves.
    If they're damaged the shop probably won't want them back. They will become the property of the insurance company at that point, so it probably doesn't matter - but the shop also loses the potential profit on the guitars. I'm fairly sure from previous cases that the insurance only pays out the value actually lost, not the ticket price.

I do think some of them may be substantially damaged too, given how well those hangers were screwed to the wall... it must have take a lot of force to get them off, and it's likely the hanger falling down would then damage the neck and maybe the back of the body as well. It seems a shame, but most of them may be better as write-offs.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9166
    Absolute bastards.
    If there is a bright side, echopark aren’t that common and if they try and sell it, it’ll stand out. 
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    Sorry to hear that - if it’s the couple that took my LP Special in trade against the Ric they are such  nice people. It sounds like the only acceptable outcome is an appropriate insurance payout. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1029
    edited December 2020
    That is awful news - my go to guitar shop in Glasgow - I hope they catch the wankers!