Have I been ripped off?

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    I’m confused- has he refunded you the money? If so why is the proof of posting needed? If you’ve got the money back, just stop discussing anything with him, and move on.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71957
    So he's refunded the money having realised he's dug himself a bigger hole than he can get out of, in the hope that the other stuff he's done will now just go away and you'll forget about it...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    So, if he can see this thread, then he’s a member here.. no?
    I would guess so...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    poopot said:
    So, if he can see this thread, then he’s a member here.. no?
    I would guess so...
    Or he’s got a friend on the inside....

https://youtu.be/cphNpqKpKc4
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    Victim shows repeated resistance, not worth the bother so pay him off.  Continue threats in order to shut him up so the next set of victims don’t get wind.

Looks like classic manipulator behaviour to me, he’s just moving on having gotten more trouble than expected.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • So who is Jason ? A friend maybe as I have not seen any one called Jason liking any of his posts on facebook.

And no proof of postage still? Very strange.

“Ken sent me.”
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    They seem to be insisting that the proof of posting is proof that it’s all my fault. 
  • horsehorse Frets: 1563
    What reason would there be not to show you the proof up until this point, other than it not existing?

I suspect he's just sore at you having got the refund and trying to rattle you out of spite. Also he'd prefer this story to disappear, and his only way to make that happen is to try and worry you.
    He’s still listing the di ffs... multiple times...

how many more folk is he going to fuck over?
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23937
    Have you reported this to plod and informed the desk flatfoot that the div has a suspended sentence?

They won’t look for that information if you don’t tell them. 
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1686
    Have you reported this to plod and informed the desk flatfoot that the div has a suspended sentence?

They won’t look for that information if you don’t tell them. 

Agreed.

This guy has previous form and is likely trying To shaft others.

Shop him to the cops.

Wonder how many more times 'Jason' will message you since your update and the replies to it.

• gubblegubble Frets: 1737
    In my experience when someone threatens legal action in this manner (libel/slander etc) they will not do it.

If someone is really instructing a solicitor they won't go telling the person in the first place.

The phrase 'you'll be hearing from my solicitor' is without doubt one of the most empty threats I've ever heard.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3627
    gubble said:
    In my experience when someone threatens legal action in this manner (libel/slander etc) they will not do it.

If someone is really instructing a solicitor they won't go telling the person in the first place.

The phrase 'you'll be hearing from my solicitor' is without doubt one of the most empty threats I've ever heard.

It puts me in mind of a 'Bond Villain' who reveals all of his secret plans before leaving Bond to die, unattended, in a slow and bizarre manner.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A direct quote from someone who has posted on the scammer alert on Facebook...

"Done gigs for this guy and I can confirm he is a con man. He will lie about anything. He once lied about his wife having cancer (she didn't) to get out of paying a mate of mine so I wouldn't believe the excuse about having Covid"
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    I contacted him on FBmessenger, he is still saying he has a two available for sale but prefers a collection.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    octatonic said:
    I contacted him on FBmessenger, he is still saying he has a two available for sale but prefers a collection.

Crikey - how's he going to fiddle that?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23937
    edited December 2020
    If (on the very very slim chance) you receive a letter from a solicitor about some form of alleged slander / libel, then make sure you do reply.

BUT first make sure they are from a real solicitor and he's not making stuff up. It's a criminal offence to pretend to be a solicitor.

And then ask, very politely, if the solicitor is aware of the past convictions, and that there is likely to be a far larger counter claim for libel following the allegations of sexual offences that are not true.

Very polite. Nothing remotely argumentative. Just providing information.

That alone would cause 99% of solicitors to re-visit their assessment of the merits of representing him in such a matter.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    I don’t think anything that’s been said can be classed as defamation anyway to be honest... everything that’s been said appears to be truthful...

but, if someone said something like “Mick Mason is a convicted fraudster and has a micro penis so small it’s laughable” that could be considered defamation as the size of his micro penis might not actually be funny... 

so the statement “Mick Mason has a micro penis so small it’s laughable” may only be partly true...

however... if the micro penis’d Mick Mason would like to sue for defamation in this instance, I believe he would have to prove that the statement “Mick Mason has a micro penis” is indeed not true...  the statement may have to be corrected to something like “Mick Mason has a small Willy” rather than “Mick Mason has a micro penis”... I’m guessing the courts would want to see proof either way tho’

I may have it all wrong tho’...

is the statement “Mick Mason has a micro penis” defamation? please discuss... :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Snags said:
    You're sure Jason isn't Mick in disguise?

It's not Jason Orange, is it?

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom