Have I been ripped off?

What's Hot

Comments

• Tell him you know about the suspended sentence and give him 24 hours to refund.

Then when you get the money tell plod anyway. 

This. It appears he owes a lot of money so he might not be forthcoming with the refund until you put some real pressure on him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Tell him Pedal or Prison , I take it that you still want the pedal?. My guess that he has used your money to gamble or pay back some else. Let's get him banned from FB. I Hate people like him.
    “Ken sent me.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sadly, I would be surprised if the pedal actually exists and whether it would be reliable anyway. But you never know, many fraudsters have one hand in reality.

I would just want my ton back and be done with it.

• Switch625 said:
    In all seriousness it looks like he's got quite a public profile, usually scammers aren't the type to advertise themselves so much. 
    Generally not. Most scammers don't like having their name associated with a history of scams. 

https://i.imgur.com/EnVG15b.png

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15924
    Give him an ultimatum and deadline and stop acting like Mavis out of coronation st and jut report his arse a minute after deadline....never mind the ramping up[
    tae be or not tae be
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    edited December 2020
    prowla said:
    Yikes - that is him!

Blimey, which member of Fake That is he meant to be!?!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1910
    What @Hootsmon and others have said. I don't know how he managed to get a suspended sentence. He should be in nick. He will be when you tip off plod, or should be if the system works correctly. I bet it doesn't though. I really hate people like this. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• mrkb said:
    prowla said:
    Yikes - that is him!

Gary, just after Robbie left.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10103
    mrkb said:
    prowla said:
    Yikes - that is him!

Gary, just after Robbie left.
    Gary’s Grandad???
  • mrkb said:
    prowla said:
    Yikes - that is him!

Howard McDonald?
  • bencowling81bencowling81 Frets: 420
    edited December 2020
    mrkb said:
    prowla said:
    Yikes - that is him!

Maybe it’s Fake That based on the Rock Profiles Presents interview...
    https://youtu.be/DjYN3SamCMM
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18378
    If he'd sold an amp it could've been Jason Orange?
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    edited December 2020
    So, the seller may have seen this thread and is claiming what I’ve said is untrue; I’ve asked him to provide the details and I will happily respond/correct any items. 
    They say they have proof that delivery was attempted, but they won’t show me that.
    UPDATE 22/12: I HAVE NOW RECEIVED MY REFUND.

• Branshen said:
    Need bcd
    I believe it’s FIN now

• prowla said:
    So, the seller may have seen this thread and is claiming what I’ve said is untrue; I’ve asked him to provide the details and I will happily respond/correct any items. 
    They say they have proof that delivery was attempted, but they won’t show me that. 
    Doesn’t really matter whether what’s been said is true or untrue. You paid for something nearly a month ago and haven’t received it. If the delivery company has lost it then it’s up to the seller to put a claim in, but that doesn’t stop him refunding you your money. 

I think if you don’t get refunded in the next 24 hours you should report it to Action Fraud. 
    edited December 2020
    It turns out that, looking at the track & trace (PN518894078GB), the item has no tracing outside of the Midlands (I'm in Berkshire) and delivered to him by the Royal Mail.
    I have no record of a delivery attempt to me (not a card through the door, nothing in the above track & trace).

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2020
    He's now threatened to sue me for slander (sic.), so I've asked him to point out anything which is untrue and I will be happy to retract/remove/correct it.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Switch625 said:

prowla said:
    Doesn’t really matter whether what’s been said is true or untrue. You paid for something nearly a month ago and haven’t received it. If the delivery company has lost it then it’s up to the seller to put a claim in, but that doesn’t stop him refunding you your money. 

I think if you don’t get refunded in the next 24 hours you should report it to Action Fraud. 

Action Fraud - that's good - have added them to my list.
  • I thought it was sent by Yodel - but he’s given you a RM tracking number? Sounds like you’re being given the runaround. Log it with Action Fraud first thing in the morning. They’re connected to the police so will take the necessary action.