What Are You Listening To Now ?

What's Hot

Comments

• This evening I have been rediscovering the excellent "Man Made" from Teenage Fanclub. I mainly overlooked it when it came out back in 2005 but have been playing on repeat tonight. Standout track is Norman Blake's "Cells" 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11298
    Marco Mendoza.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3851
  • Horslips - Aliens.

Absolutely brilliant, & a band I've been into since...................................................................way back to last Thursday!

Can't believe they've been completely off my radar all these years!

• slackerslacker Frets: 2215
    The Patrick Cowley remix of I Feel Love. Mental.
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2014
    Ah Horslips - what a band. When they reformed for a couple of live shows in Belfast and Dublin in 2009 ( I think ) I was ecstatic having never seen them in their pomp (in Ireland, at least they were huge).  They did support Jethro Tull and others in the 70s but never really got the attention they deserved. They then continued to play shows regularly - small and large venues - until just recently when Covid cancelled several shows and they now look to have wound up completely. 

The Celtic Prog of the early albums is fantastic - The Book of Invasions / The Tain / Dancehall Sweethearts - but it's all good. They released an album - Roll Back - of re-done early songs which is also superb.  Enjoy working through the back catalogue @kossofffan - there are some absolute gems in there. 

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2014
    On another note, I'm currently listening to the latest release from Public Service Broadcasting - another band with a great live set /show.  Berlin is very different to the other albums released, but still sounds suitably PSB.  Great "background" music if that isn't damning it with feint (faint?) praise.  Will take a few listens to form a proper opinion and waiting for my CD to arrive to hear it properly. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve enjoyed their Aliens album so much (sent by a mate in Ireland) that I have ten others by them on the way!
  • Rediscovered this classic. One of the greatest singles ever.

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    The War On Drugs

• I've been listening to a playlist of songs from snowboarding movies, including Silver Lining by First Aid Kit, Easy Nothing by Young Blood, Kids by MGMT, Climb Up On My Music by Rodriguez, House of the Rising Sun by Frijid Pink, Young Blood by Naked + Famous, and Going Up The Country by Canned Heat.
  • personalnadirpersonalnadir Frets: 354
    edited September 2021

Always had a soft spot for the first Lowgold album 

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18375
    Chuffola said:
    Ah Horslips - what a band. When they reformed for a couple of live shows in Belfast and Dublin in 2009 ( I think ) I was ecstatic having never seen them in their pomp (in Ireland, at least they were huge).  They did support Jethro Tull and others in the 70s but never really got the attention they deserved. They then continued to play shows regularly - small and large venues - until just recently when Covid cancelled several shows and they now look to have wound up completely. 

The Celtic Prog of the early albums is fantastic - The Book of Invasions / The Tain / Dancehall Sweethearts - but it's all good. They released an album - Roll Back - of re-done early songs which is also superb.  Enjoy working through the back catalogue @kossofffan - there are some absolute gems in there. 

Loved Horslips guitar work for years (saw them waaaay back), especially here :

• joetelejoetele Frets: 947
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • Neil Young - random selection autoplaying on Youtube. He's done some bloody good stuff.
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • maharg101maharg101 Frets: 684
    Gil Scott-Heron - Pieces of a Man
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
  • Rather enjoying some Avatarium, Jennie has an amazing voice. There's a Dio-Sabbath vibe about the sound, classic 70s with a hint of jazziness. 

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507

This has been on constant rotation the last few days. Just a blissful droney homage to old folk music of the Appalachian, English and Irish variety. Robin Wattie from Big Brave handles all the vocals and she is sensational. Makes me wish that this wasn’t a one off and turned into a regular thing. Kinda get Earth and Swans vibes from this too.
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 358
    Just had Puzzle by Biffy Clyro on, and now I have Dummy by Portishead on... 
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."