What Are You Listening To Now ?

What's Hot

Comments

• BudgieBudgie Frets: 2099
    edited January 2021
    Just listening to Sonic Boom, All Things Being Equal. I pre ordered the ltd edition ages ago and have only just got round to listening to it as I’ve only just put my hifi system back together. It’s 30 odd years since he released an album as SB and it’s brilliant. It’s like the last 30 years never happened. Good stuff!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8775
    edited January 2021
    Excavated Shellac - An Alternate History of the World's Music

Okinawan folk, Kyrgyzstan ballads, music from the Crimea, Uganda, Sudan etc.  Eclectic, much?  Bit hit and miss but an incredibly disparate package of world music from the early-mid 20th century, more or less untouched by the tropes of blues, jazz, rock n roll etc.

Great review here.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23927
    KXM - it's Dug Pinnick (Kings X), George Lynch (Dokken / Mr Scary) and Ray Luzier (Korn)

It's great stuff. Power trio format.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8775
    Tony Joe White - Hoodoo

Swamp blues: heir to JJ Cale
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • MarchMarch Frets: 281
    The Future Bites - Steven Wilson 
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4671
    Glen Campbell - See you there

Very belatedly.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Riverdogs - California album. Some lovely playing by Vivian Campbell on there.
  • riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    edited January 2021
    This really won't work well if you have YouTube with ads....but the link is just for demonstration purposes.  I listen to this (and the whole eight  hour album) on Apple music.  Find her voice spellbinding. As a tinnitus sufferer I'm often on the hunt for things like this to help me sleep. There's a somewhat less relaxing Mogwai remix out there, too.
  • https://youtu.be/EvsHE9VW03c
    Ok, not sure that worked. Embedding YouTube links is probably easy.....if you aren't me. 
    Its called Path 5 Delta by Max Richter, from the Sleep album/project.
    edited February 2021
    I’ve just listened to three Goat albums back to back... World Music, Commune and Requiem. Brilliant but I’m Goated out.  We’ve been listening to music on and off all day. This morning was Dexter Gordon, Ellington/Mingus/Roach and Getz/Gilberto and Miles Davis. King Crimson - Court of etc. Johnny Cash American IV, Julian Cope Peggy Suicide and Currently listening to Moon Duo - Shadow of the Sun. All on vinyl as them’ s the new rules! I might go and watch the TV for a bit. I truly am a lazy ****** at times!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Right now Chic Corea/Return to forever OGWT performances on YewChewb
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 610
    Time for a Sunday morning soak so will listen to a good portion into Rainbow Live Donington 1980....been along time since I had a listen and can't believe it is going on 41 years.......... 
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2272
    Honkytonkville by George Strait.

Between lockdowns last year a friend gave me a storage box of CDs as he had gone the Spotify route. About 3/4 are country (we are both in a country band). Anything by The Mavericks, George Strait or Garth Brooks is going to float my boat, and I love Brooks & Dunn, but Toby Keith is a bit NRA for my liking and Tim McGraw can be rather hit-and-miss.

I always look at who is playing on these ‘Premier League’ country albums, and 90% of the time Brent Mason is there on guitar.

Yep, George Strait is quality.
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3490
    Prompted by the week's events...Chick Corea 'Three Quartets'
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2914
    Fiddlers Dram (yes, of 'Day Trip To Bangor' fame). Actually a pretty decent folk rock revival band, became the Oysterband.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    Full House by Fairport Convention earlier. Mrs. B bought a Family LP, who I’ve never listened to... I quite enjoyed it, definitely of its time. Finished tonight listening To Ride’s Nowhere, which I’ve had since its release and I cleaned it on Sunday... it sounds like a new record. Happy days!
  • LogieLogie Frets: 440
    My Spotify playlist of Bowie at the moment.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3490
    Today, Chick Corea 'Three Quartets'
  • My first and only forway into 'Trip Hop'. A fine album indeed. If anyone else is into this genre, feel free to recommend similar albums. 
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2014
    A Trick of the Tail, Genesis. I’m on a bit of a prog revival at the moment and listening to some of the classics - Close To The Edge, Thick As A Brick, Tarkus, Court Of The Crimson King etc just reinforces what absolute masterpieces of musicianship they are. No Pro Tools, No Autotune, probably barely a click track - actually that probably helps with the overall “groove” most of these albums have - and completely brilliant. 

Mad Man Moon is playing just now - my least favourite track when I was a young progger at school in the 80s, but it’s just beautiful.