The £99 Vintage Paul Brett guitars - are they good?

TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
Thinking ahead to younger son's birthday in January - as well as loving his bass lessons he's been hijacking my Martin 00 to his room most days that he's here and getting on well with it too. I'd like to get him an acoustic for his (12th) birthday - thinking of either the Parlour or the OM.

I think one of the shops locally is a Vintage dealer so may be able to get one in - before I see if they can/will for me to try, wondered if anyone has one or has played one? 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TimmyO said:
    Thinking ahead to younger son's birthday in January - as well as loving his bass lessons he's been hijacking my Martin 00 to his room most days that he's here and getting on well with it too. I'd like to get him an acoustic for his (12th) birthday - thinking of either the Parlour or the OM.

I think one of the shops locally is a Vintage dealer so may be able to get one in - before I see if they can/will for me to try, wondered if anyone has one or has played one? 
    I've not but I recommended my friend to buy the Statesboro Parlour for his girlfriend.  Before the new lockdown was announced I was planning to make a trip to try it out/set it up but I'm not sure now.
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    edited December 2020
    I’ve tried them all. Love them. I have the OM one, it is the best of the 3 in my opinion they really are great and at £89 (!) a bit af a bargain 
    I am probably biased as I have a particular bent towards these simple, traditional styled guitars. I also think it’s a better guitar than the tanglewood crossroads

Its feather light which goes a long way for me also. Makes it livelier and more fun than similar ‘hogs 2 or 3 times the price. 

Oh and Paul Brett is a complete Legend 
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 730
    tFB Trader
    @TimmyO They're great little guitars - I always recommend the V300 / V330 electro's as they're ia little more popular. The Brett stuff is incredible valve however. If your local shop can't/won't order in for you let me know and I can arrange as we're a stockist.
    Simon
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
    @TimmyO They're great little guitars - I always recommend the V300 / V330 electro's as they're ia little more popular. The Brett stuff is incredible valve however. If your local shop can't/won't order in for you let me know and I can arrange as we're a stockist.
    Simon
    Well my local seems reluctant to order in the Statesboro Orchestra model (probably would have to order more than just that I guess) but to call him back in new year - so if he's still reluctant I'll give you a shout. 

How long does it take to get things in from Vintage? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • markjmarkj Frets: 910
    I had one the dreadnought model, excellent for the price. Put some quality strings on them, they really are great for the price.
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 730
    tFB Trader
    TimmyO said:
    Simon
    Well my local seems reluctant to order in the Statesboro Orchestra model (probably would have to order more than just that I guess) but to call him back in new year - so if he's still reluctant I'll give you a shout. 

How long does it take to get things in from Vintage? 
    @TimmyO Most of the Brett models look to be in stock with the distributor so I can usually have them within 48hrs. Feel free to DM me and we can confirm / arrange for you. Cheers
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)