My new album: improv/free/solo guitar. FFO: Ribot, Frisell, Cline, Bailey etc.

LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
edited December 2020 in Plug My Stuff
Hello folks, I just released a new album. I realise it's probably not what 99.9% of forum users are into but I thought I'd post it anyway. I recorded with my Jazzmaster into a Champ with a few pedals. Have a listen and share if you're into it! Cheers. 

For fans of: Marc Ribot, Frisell, Nels Cline, Bill Orcutt, Derek Bailey, Fred Frith

benlubin.bandcamp.com/album/interpretations

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• xDottorexDottore Frets: 274
    Hey, Ben, this album is really good, right up my street. Some of it sounds like Bill Orcutt sitting in with Ribot, Quine and Ikue Mori on Painted Desert. Amazing what a fella can do with a Jazzmaster, Champ and pedals. Good stuff.

Oh, and also, because I was nosing around, I found your website and loved some of the stories (especially the one about Jörg und Steffi…) 

Take care, and thanks for the music, Jolyon (60, and going off to find my copy of "Tales from Topographic Oceans", bought in 1973!)

You need an idea of what you are going to do, but it should be a vague idea.

My feedback page: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/91654/
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
    edited May 2021
    Thanks so much for the kind words and for buying the album. That's really made my morning. Ribot & Quine are/were two of the best. I will check out Ikue Mori, hadn't heard of him/her but I'm a sucker for anything Japanese, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Thanks again! 
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 916
    Very nice! Thoroughly enjoyed the tracks I listened to this evening. Some of the spikier playing reminded me of Ava Mendoza's solo album too. Nice one!
    edited June 2021
    Thanks a lot! Haven't heard of Ava Mendoza, will check them out. 

Yeah, the tone ended up being quite a lot spikier than I intended, I have the Champ to thank for that! Please subscribe via Bandcamp and I'll be able to keep you posted on any future releases. 
    Just bumping this!