NGD (for my daughter) - Mini Pink Paisley

What's Hot
PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
Bought a mini T kit from Stewmac whilst on offer at the start of the year, some months of torment for Rich ( @lamf68 ) later it's now together and short of some final tweaks it's finished :) 

Here it is:

It's much smaller than a 3/4 size, here it is with my 6 year old daughter :)

Build thread is in the Making and Modding section

Dave. 
0reaction image LOL 33reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5780
    That is just fantastic, what a great job. She looks amazing with it too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6711
    edited December 2020
    PVO_Dave said:

It's much smaller than a 3/4 size, here it is with my 6 year old daughter

Build thread is in the Making and Modding section

Dave. 
    She's a sweetheart and she looks well chuffed with it! 
    What a proper dad you are! 

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    this is as close to perfect as it can be.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    My neighbour bought an Guitar, Amp, and Accessries Pack for her daughter for Christmas. She opted for a small bodied full size guitar. The little girl is tall for her age, and takes lessons at school.

She didn't ask for my advice, and I didn't see what she purchased due to the present being hidden away for the big day. I gathered that the music teacher advised her what to buy.

I think my neighbour's kid would be very jealous of your daughter's Paisley guitar. It is very attractive!!! 

What strings, and tuning did you use?
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3686
    edited December 2020
    Nice! 

I want a pink paisley mini-tele strung as a mandolin now!  
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3722
    Nice! 

I want a pink paisley mini-tele strung as a mandolin now!  
    Not pink but why not go the whole hog and get one of these: https://eastwoodguitars.com/products/mandocaster

There’s also a Thoman version at a third the price but you may need to do some work on it if your experience is like mine. 
  • That looks awesome! 
  • MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    edited December 2020
    Absolutely brilliant picture.
    I hope your daughter will keep that guitar for the rest of her life because it’s special.
    My first guitar I couldn’t get my arm over and my first bike my feet didn’t touch the pedals for almost a year.
    My father had this this thing about growing into everything and getting maximum use out of it.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2169
    That is awesome!
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Fantastic. I hope you both enjoy!
  • Happy daughter & proud dad = awesome.
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
    rocktron said:
    My neighbour bought an Guitar, Amp, and Accessries Pack for her daughter for Christmas. She opted for a small bodied full size guitar. The little girl is tall for her age, and takes lessons at school.

She didn't ask for my advice, and I didn't see what she purchased due to the present being hidden away for the big day. I gathered that the music teacher advised her what to buy.

I think my neighbour's kid would be very jealous of your daughter's Paisley guitar. It is very attractive!!! 

What strings, and tuning did you use?
    Thanks, standard D'Addario 10's, tuned to A, E was unplayable :) 

Mudcrutch said:
    Absolutely brilliant picture.
    I hope your daughter will keep that guitar for the rest of her life because it’s special.
    My first guitar I couldn’t get my arm over and my first bike my feet didn’t touch the pedals for almost a year.
    My father had this this thing about growing into everything and getting maximum use out of it.

Hopefully it'll be something she appreciates as she gets older and is too big for it, then there's a 3/4 Strat and a full size Hello Kitty Squier strat too :) 
    Thanks everyone for the lovely comments, hoping this just drives a small amount of interest in picking up the guitar and playing with it, I've said if she does want to properly learn I'll buy her a small amp. 

Hoping to put her YouTube time to good use (limited on the iPad, they get obsessed) with some guitar lessons on there, happy to pay for a proper tutor if she's keen once we get out of this corona world (I'd rather it was done right with theory etc.. rather than my bungling through it approach). 

For scale, here's how this roughly stands next to my full size Pink Paisley 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    That’s awesome!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    =)
    Thankyou for some good and uplifting news.
    Looks like a lovely instrument too. I've got to save the shot of both above. Superb!
    Happy Xmas and new year.
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    Awesome job
  • Sweet  <3
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7157
    That is beyond brilliant! Such a sweet guitar.
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
    Thought I had better finally get this intonated so it can be played, found out just how crap the bridge hardware was. 

Lucky my local tech had a spare for not much money (was a relic'd one, so I'll order a Wilkinson compensated one at some point to get it back to shiny and new looking. 

It's fun to play though :) 

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12411
    Looks and sounds awesome. I just bought my daughter a black star fly for her room (she normally uses my THR or super champ x 2) so she has a battery job for her room. Can get some decent sounds out of it.