Avoid Richards Guitars - Incredibly Rude

What's Hot

Comments

• Fuengi said:
    PengaMax said:
    To end things with this i've just bought the flanger. I'm guessing the company producing these for him is Mooer as the layout is exactly the same as the E-Lady. I'm therefore sure i'll be giving the pedal a glowing review. There will be no funny business purchasing just to leave a negative review or what not. 

1.) I genuinely could do with a flanger
    2.) Hopefully this will be a positive way to shine a light on his questionable behaviour so maybe he and others who may have 'suffered' like others have to his rants will benefit as well....maybe... 
    3.) A change of direction from the fury and rage i felt earlier :) instead i now feel quite good about this as a resolution to the nastiness that was starting to build... i don't like feeling that way and i'm sure he doesn't either. 
    Did not see that coming.  :o
    Me neither to be fair, goddam my mum would be so proud
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's an interesting resolution.

Regarding the origins of it, maybe open it up? The company of origin is usually written on the component side of the main board (that's how we know that Nux made the Amazon Basics pedals).
    <space for hire>
  • That's an interesting resolution.

Regarding the origins of it, maybe open it up? The company of origin is usually written on the component side of the main board (that's how we know that Nux made the Amazon Basics pedals).
    Yes will do, i'll share the results here. 

The resolution does not match my feelings towards him but from a purely selfish pov it's made me feel like ive taken a moral win and i can forget about it now. I won't be a repeat customer that's for sure.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4510
    edited December 2020
    hayzuus. You do sound like a whiney prat to say the least. What an absolute ball ache for a retailer to have answer to the likes of you day in day out.

1st world drama queen
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegas said:
    hayzuus. You do sound like a whiney prat to say the least. What an absolute ball ache for a retailer to have answer to the likes of you day in day out.

1st world drama queen
    Ha! True story
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2014
    And God bless us, every one!
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15476
    Chuffola said:
    And God bless us, every one!
    I just knew someone was gonna say that. As punishment, I'm gonna cut halfway through your crutches.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2014
    Scrooge!
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    edited December 2020
    Well, as a result of this I was mooching on The Chosen One's website and actually fell in love with those Darwina acoustics. Seem incredible for the money.

On the downside, his two goons demoing the pedals should never again be put in charge of anything more complex than a toaster.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1526
    Didn't he offer to give you a free pedal?. Ask him if that's still on the table.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    JAYJO said:
    Didn't he offer to give you a free pedal?. Ask him if that's still on the table.
    Bit awkward to get your foot up to table level tho...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJO said:
    Bit awkward to get your foot up to table level tho...

get your coat...
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1373
    Fuengi said:

His shop was on the Tiddington Road, on the way out of Stratford but has been vacant for some time

Corrected
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • SammySammy Frets: 129
    Just went through all this as I had been thinking of going up to Richards Guitars to try out a few acoustics and was tring to find a bit more about his shop beforehand, as its quite a way to travel!

Well after reading it, I'm none the wiser, as first Pengamax came on here as a newbie spouting off not to use Richards Guitars etc etc, then he is suddenly going to buy a pedal of him, partly because it appears he would actually like one and partly to piss him off!
    He then says he will share his findings once he has it got it....... well I can't see anything on here!
    He also implied he came on here to talk about guitars etc, yet apart from this discussion, he has not had any others, according to the records!  We are now in May 2021!
    It would also appear that he doesn't want anyone to know what area he lives in, as he has just put England!
    So could the real interest of coming onto Fretboard be just to slag off Richards Guitars because he has had some sort of fall out with them!!!
    Answers on a postcard please to England! ;)

PS Has anyone been to Richards Guitars to try out any guitars and were they helpful and were the guitars set up and as good as Richard implies!  B)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Sammy said:
    Just went through all this as I had been thinking of going up to Richards Guitars to try out a few acoustics and was tring to find a bit more about his shop beforehand, as its quite a way to travel!

Well after reading it, I'm none the wiser, as first Pengamax came on here as a newbie spouting off not to use Richards Guitars etc etc, then he is suddenly going to buy a pedal of him, partly because it appears he would actually like one and partly to piss him off!
    He then says he will share his findings once he has it got it....... well I can't see anything on here!
    He also implied he came on here to talk about guitars etc, yet apart from this discussion, he has not had any others, according to the records!  We are now in May 2021!
    It would also appear that he doesn't want anyone to know what area he lives in, as he has just put England!
    So could the real interest of coming onto Fretboard be just to slag off Richards Guitars because he has had some sort of fall out with them!!!

PS Has anyone been to Richards Guitars to try out any guitars and were they helpful and were the guitars set up and as good as Richard implies!  B)
    I think your exclamation key is broken.

@axisus should like the necrobump tho
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280

@axisus should like the necrobump tho
    Nope. Too new to qualify as a necrobump. Gotta go back a few years
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMadMickTheMadMick Frets: 239
    I have to say, my experience was quite the opposite but they took ages (days sometimes) to respond. However, Jon was always polite.
  • SammySammy Frets: 129
    Sammy said:

I think your exclamation key is broken.

I just liked using it for this post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

• diapdiap Frets: 135
    I think he was correct.
  • PengaMaxPengaMax Frets: 60
    edited October 2021
    Sammy said:

Answers on a postcard please to England!

PS Has anyone been to Richards Guitars to try out any guitars and were they helpful and were the guitars set up and as good as Richard implies!  B
    Ay up Sammy, yeah the main reason I posted the convo was to warn people about the crazy messages Richard guitars had sent me, thought I was fairly upfront about that. I put the screenshots up so you can see exactly what it was all about. How much more of a specific address are you looking for? I live near Bristol if you really want to know