Greta Van Fleet

What's Hot
zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
You know, as a diehard Zeppelin fan I was sceptical at first but this band has just grown, and grown, and grown on me. I’ve just watched their live gig at Red Rocks (possibly my favourite venue ever) and loved it. So I’ve just ordered both their albums and a wee (not so wee really at xxxl) t shirt for myself for Christmas. May they continue to grow and blossom into a great band in their own right without all the negativity from curmudgeonly old fools who only look at them as a Zeppelin rip off act, the mighty Led were hardly original to start with were they!
Tomorrow will be a good day.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    I love em, The red rocks gig is a cracker. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cheers Zep will have to give that a watch as I loved their first album.  Ok it sounded like LZ but some people say that like it’s a bad thing !
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 679
    I couldn't agree more. I am that curmudgeonly old zep fan and I had written them off for ages. Now I love them! Need to get me a T! 
    Red Rocks gig was fantastic.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    When they came on the scene I thought that they were a really kick-ass rock band, and I was amazed at how young they were. It was incredibly annoying and unfair in my mind that they faced so much vitriol. I was a big Led Zep fan back in the day, but I have no problem with them at all. I hope they get lots of success and get recognised in their own right. I remember similar with Marillion when everyone called them Genesis clones at first, they have certainly forged their own career though.

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8775
    And there was me imagining Green Eco-Warrior Ms Thunberg had diversified into Commercial vehicle rental...

In truth, cracking rock n roll band. Love their stuff, and keenly looking forward to new album next spring.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 6953
    They sound great.  I don’t mind if their songwriting approach is to put a sheet of tracing paper over Led Zeppelin music.
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1473
    I saw then live last year and they were great.  
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    They're superb, and 2nd ablum is miles away from a LZ homage.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    Bass player is seriously hot....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Ooh ooh ooh. New long player out today.

cracking a bot of Malbec and treating the doggos to a late evening of Josh Kiszka’s caterwauling.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    JerkMoans said:

cracking a bot of Malbec and treating the doggos to a late evening of Josh Kiszka’s caterwauling.
    @JerkMoans thank you, i'll be bagging that!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • ColsCols Frets: 6953
    JerkMoans said:

Any good?  And by “good” I mean “Extremely Zeppish”?
  • LogieLogie Frets: 440
    I love the songs but I just can't listen to his voice. I've got the albums on my spotify and I keep giving them a go but I get about 10-15 mins in and give in. Too shrill and strident. Sounds like nails down a chalkboard to me ( and I like The Darkness! )

• dariusdarius Frets: 619
    Logie said:
    I love the songs but I just can't listen to his voice. I've got the albums on my spotify and I keep giving them a go but I get about 10-15 mins in and give in. Too shrill and strident. Sounds like nails down a chalkboard to me ( and I like The Darkness! )

This a bit for me too. I'm lovin the rock groove they get as a band on the more recent stuff, now it doesnt sound like a zep tribute act. But can't quite love the vocals. Still good though.
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    Listening in the car now...

very good album... good songs!...
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2261
    The voice for me too is a no no. Shame because the band rip. 
    I think it's great: really rather talented playing, bombastic and delightfully silly squawks from the singer.  WTF's he banging on about?  Who cares.  Had it pounding out of the Bose as I tolled about in the Jerkmobile earlier, and giving it another blast now as I rip the lid off the first cold one of the day.  
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 941
    edited April 2021
    I like them - I don't think they're as amazing as people say they are (a "rebirth of true rock n roll" n' all that shite), they're just another rock band amongst a sea of decent artists. But they have good songs, with nice hooks.

I will say that their guitarist is infuriating to watch live .... tries too hard to be jimmy page. Just be yourself ffs...
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    I am a massive fan, I have to admit.

Somehow I heard of them quite early on when they were away to release the first EP and loved them straight away. I then told everyone to listen to them, and generally speaking all my mates weren’t interested with most saying they couldn’t stand his voice. I managed to see them live in St. Luke’s in Glasgow on Easter Sunday a couple of years ago too, which was awesome all round. It was just one of those gigs that I’ll remember for a long time... the venue, the band, the beers and the company were all excellent. I then sort of forgot about them over the last year or so as I’d listened to them so much, but this new album is great and I’ve ended up back listening to them a lot.

Aye, they’re maybe not original... but I can’t help but love the music, the guitar sound and the guy’s voice. I totally get that it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I’m glad it’s mine.

• chromatunachromatuna Frets: 366
    I wasn’t interested, I had sampled a few album tracks and they didn’t do much for me but I watched a chunk of the Red Rocks stuff on YouTube and really enjoyed it. I hope they get the chance to grow into more of their own thing, they have the potential to be way more than they are now IMHO - at least playing wise, songwriting we shall have to see. Fortunately in the US there’s the live circuit to support them
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!