NGD-Bueridge BG160

What's Hot

Whilst out doing the annual pergatory that is Christmas shopping. Needing a break and no pubs being available I popped into the local 2nd hand shop-usually home to pricier than new Squires and Encores (who buys this shizz?) .What do i spy but an immaculate BG160.
Been after one for years ever since Mrs bought me one back in the day and I sent it back as it was too pricey (think it was £700)...anyways that was at least 20 years ago...Quite difficult to get hold of here in UK for some reason.
So....went back the next day and P/exd a few bits  knocking off a good wodge of the very reasonable asking price of £449.
It is a lovely thing and in pefect nick-tuners are going to have to go mind....Gold hideousness.

Anyway sorry for whittering but I felt had to share my good fortune with like minded wierdos.

Merry Christmas all.
God bless this kitchen said the knick knack chef
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    You’re story is completely unbelievable without photographs 

Nice guitars 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fair enough :) I cant fathom out the posting of photos on here but shall have a look into it and get  some posted.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1198

It is a lovely thing and in pefect nick-tuners are going to have to go mind....Gold hideousness.

I've had very good results removing the gold plating from pickups and tuners by rubbing them down with duraglit wadding. When I've done it it's left an aged nickel look - not pristine but nice enough.

I have read warning from others saying that the metal underneath will corrode or that the finish underneath will be dull, dark and ugly but that's not been my experience.

As long as the tuners are not valuable (which I assume they're not) and you're not planning to reuse or resell them, it might be worth giving it a go. It would save you a few quid and the hassle of replacing them.

However, if it is indeed in as-new condition, I understand that you might want super shiny new tuners too!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow indeed have one for that mate. Didnt think you could do that..I'll give it a go- Seasons greetings
  • Finally sorted the photo thing....For the doubters (hello Andy!)...

Came in very reasonably, all solid woods and sounds lush. HNY all.