Surprised and chuffed NGD

So the family have bought me an Epiphone DR500 (the fishman version) for Christmas. I have been using a much loved Tanglewood budget guitar that I have been really happy with and happy enough to avoid replacing. I have been to a few shops and tried a few and despite liking many, many guitars, I have held off. The surprise was that I replaced the strings, tuned it and left it hanging overnight. Now I have been sitting here for the last couple of hours A&B playing the new Epi and the old Tanglewood. The difference is actually huge, really huge. The sound is a completely different. The Epi has so much more sustain and the notes are far more defined and sharp. Playing an Ama7 chord had me checking the tuning. Happy chappy...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rze99rze99 Frets: 2281
    Merry Christmas lovely to get a surprise like this. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I bought one of those Epiphones myself last year. Originally the action was too high and the strings too high gauge for me(they came with 012,which I originally switched to 011 but it took another switch to 010 before I was comfortable with them.) Its very good through an amp but I find that finding the correct pick when playing acoustically is key to the sound. Nice present though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom