Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Compressor recommendations

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
    melod said:
    Yamaha77 said:
    Love Squeeze. Went down the compressor rabbit hole. To me it's a well built and great sounding comp.
    Love its simplicity. I wonder how valuable the blend knob in other comps is but I don’t like too many controls.

I was thinking about a blend knob as well. Currently I run a parallel chain with the comp on one side and a preamp on the other using an mxr 10 band, that works for me. Still I might get another comp and see what happens having a heavier set comp with a lighter side. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClassicClassic Frets: 40
    The Jackson Audio Bloom v2 is a fantastic compressor. 4 types including a dual compressor, plus a boost.
  • Just bought a Boss CP1X, sounds flippin' great.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3038
    melod said:
    Looking for a compressor mainly for bigger clean sounds.

Current contenders are xotic xp, Rothwell love squeeze and wampler mini but I certainly need some help here.

thanks!
    I'm selling a Cali76 Compact Deluxe. It is superb, as others have said, but I've been using my Helix mostly for the past two years.

Boxed, mint condition. I bought it new.

£220, posted.
  • CFHCFH Frets: 456
    I think the Fairfield Accountant is well worth a mention. It's a bit different, and adds a certain warmth, but it sounds brilliant. I think of mine more as a tone enhancer though, rather than a squishy sustainy comp...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    This sounds interesting and could be bought direct last year. Cock.

https://becosfx.com/product/compiq-pro-stella-compressor-pedal-for-guitar-bass/
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • Mr_ClawMr_Claw Frets: 94
    This sounds interesting and could be bought direct last year. Cock.

https://becosfx.com/product/compiq-pro-stella-compressor-pedal-for-guitar-bass/

Yep. I was just about to buy one and then Brexit. I contacted Becos: they said they've tried Andertons and several other big UK suppliers, with no response. So I don't know how long it's going to be before we can one here.

I might put out a few feelers to some shops - if they see demand (+ just how well it's been reviewed in the music press!) they might get some...
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Thorpy or secondly Keeley for me.
  • No love for the Boss CE3 ? 
  • No love for the Boss CE3 ? 
    Chorus pedals don't tend to perform that well as compressors.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    No love for the Boss CE3 ? 
    I have the CS3 on my board and it does exactly what I want it to which is level up the volume for fingerpicking and arpeggios and give me squishy chords without the fake sound you get from some compressors. 
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    I think the CS3 is pretty decent but noisy, luckily mod's are quite simple and there a few people offering the service.