Gig bag recommendation for an OM acoustic?

TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
edited December 2020 in Acoustics
Will be ordering a Vintage Paul Brett Statesboro acoustic for a 12th birthday present - we’ll need a gig bag for it - don’t want to spend too much but needs to protect from rigours of being ferried between parental homes weekly - what can you vouch for? 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TimmyO said:
    I bought one like that from Music Store as I had a coupon, which was pretty much exactly the same specs.

My OM fits in pretty well, but I there a few gaps which I filled with some old pair of socks.  I'm not going to take the guitar out of the house so I am not bothered about the gaps, even if they can be plugged for now.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
    Ta.

I like the TGI Extreme one he’s got for his bass too - the acoustic versions seems to cost a bit more 
    Red ones are better. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72254
    edited December 2020
    TimmyO said:
    That type are really good for the sort of use you want - pretty much all the best features of hard cases (better crush and bending protection than a gig bag) and gig bags (lighter weight and better shoulder straps than a hard case) for less money than either. It's always puzzled me why they're not more popular for guitars - most classical musicians use them, including for instruments that cost many times more than almost any guitar.

Check the size though - if it doesn't say anything other than 'acoustic guitar' it may be a dreadnought size, which will be miles too big.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Cheers. Yeah all the less expensive acoustic cases seem to be generic “acoustic” or explicitly dreadnaught 
    Red ones are better. 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9592
    edited December 2020
    Tanglewood make an OM-sized one: https://www.tanglewoodguitars.co.uk/product/twsfc/
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    If you struggle to find an OM, I noticed that Classical guitar bags sometimes fit quite well.
    Good to know thanks.

in the event he switcheroo’d and decided on an electric (I dunno, you and raise em right...) 
    Red ones are better.