SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB. HiFi Rack/Support

What's Hot
Bit of a long shot, but looking for a decent HiFi rack not too far from Newton Abbot in Devon. I like Stands Unique products but realistically anything decent in good order for sensible money. Bonus points for turntable isolation!!!
Drop me a line........saunters off knowing full well it’s a lost cause.......
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    I have a dead fancy triangular unit with 5 glass shelves and a separate unit on top for the turntable.  It cost a few bob a while ago and is very effective.  It's a SoundStyle rack and is a pale green colour but could be easily resprayed.

See below - mine is 5 shelves plus the top unit but that's the colour.

But I'm in York and there's no way of posting the thing.  Yours for £50.00

SOUNDSTYLE 4 SHELF Hi-Fi Racks - 5000  PicClick UK

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    So you're not interested enough to even say no thanks
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BarriveeBarrivee Frets: 100
    Notifications went to my junk folder so weren’t picked up. I’m not on here that often so didn’t pick up on the activity. 
    So, er, no thanks. Bit of a trek from Newton Abbott. 
    You are forgiven :)
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    My Fretboard reminders go to junk too, might be the latest update on my iPad 
    Yes I can’t seem to get around it. Might let my 12 year old have a go - I’m sure he’s more techno minded than me. 
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    Mine’s all up on the wall. I just spent today sawing my top shelf in half so the turntable motor is divorced from the main deck. It actually made a huuuuuge difference in sound!

https://i.imgur.com/gB8AFu3.jpg

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just an idea there’s an IKEA in Exeter https://www.ikeahackers.net/category/hacks/work-station/music-dj
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7856
    edited January 2021
    Just keep an eye on eBay. I’ve got three nice quality Hifi stands, an aluminium one from Target, a welded steel one from Atacama, and another unbranded brand one (but nice quality, though filthy. Needed a jet wash). 
    Paid no more than £20 for any of them. 

Just set up a search and bide your time.  The two spare as for Hifi systems I’ve put together for family members, but am waiting for the pandemic to pass so I can deliver. 

I have a spare turntable stand somewhere. About knee high, and good for a turntable, with one shelf below.  You can have that if you want it. 
    Thanks guys. Yes I have got various searches ongoing at the mo. Nearly bought a soundstyle exactly like the one pictured near the top of the thread, collection only in Exeter last week. Luckily I messaged a few hours before it finished to ensure I could pick it up the following evening when I did my click and collect and the guy was actually in Manchester and hadn’t changed his location from when he used to live in Exeter. 

I’m in no hurry- it’s for a second system in the back room. I’ll wait until the right thing turns up locally.