SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - The cheapest Carr Amp ever ? (Since the last one I sold )

DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7175
edited January 2021 in Amps £
Carr Slant 2 x 12 recently bought on EBay (think it was discussed on here at one point as a crazy bargain at £780 - I was already messaging the chap as I have a search for Carr amps on there !)

Its in vgc as it’s been recovered and re grilled by Zilla apparently , the previous owner spent over £300 in this and some new valves. Has the switchable power, FX loop, Reverb on both channels etc. The previous owner didn’t reattach the Carr badge after the refin and I haven’t bothered but it’s included if you want to do it.

Selling as I need to raise funds and can’t seem to shift much else - this is a bit of a luxury tbh although it has that classic 3D clean and the gain channel has an extra switchable gain stage for a very marshally sound.

Stupidly loud but with switchable power and very good master volume so fine for home.

Ideally come and get it or meet me within an hour drive of Dorchester , I may be able to post if I can find a strong enough , big enough box.

Oh yeah - £775 ! (I know right !)

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Pm Incoming 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • And sold !
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1648
    Absolute bargain! If there was any danger of me gigging again in the next couple of years I'd bite your hand off.

What do these actually weigh out of interest? Is it as heavy as a small planet or can you actually lift one?
  • I reckon about 60 lb maybe a touch less. It’s quite narrow and nowhere near as heavy as my jc120, Genz Benz or a mates Twin
    Thanks for letting me know want one now!! Haha. Glad you got a quick sale and the buyer has got a great amp for a great price - congrats!
  • Cheers Dan, I can’t imagine anything going wrong but I’ll give you a shout if it falls through
    Nice one cheers. Definitely falls under ‘things I want rather than things I need’ and saved me a few quid but you know how it is  ;)