Vintage Midge Ure Sig

What's Hot

Comments

• SamgbSamgb Frets: 774

Ive got a V100 and one of the V6 Icon Strats. Both nice guitars for the money. Even better once you replace the pickups.

@Gubble: Interesting you say that - my V100 weighs quite a bit more than my brother's 90s Les Paul. Its genuinely the heaviest guitar ive ever picked up. I reckon its comfortably over 10lbs. Doesnt bother me i dont mind the weight but i was surprised by it.  

Im getting the scales out tonight.

Id be all over one the double cut junior types they do if i could find a second hand one for a reasonable price. Or one of their 50s or 60s type teles. Moddable guitars that a clown like me can make a mess of without feeling guilty 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    (and if you get that, pat yourself on the back - you're a geek.)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    It's growing on me... The vintage stuff I've had in the past has been superb for the price, I have been Gassy for an AFD or JB Goldtop for a while now and I played a Lemondrop when they first came out and I'd have bought it there and then if I had the spare cash.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    57Deluxe;295023" said:
    ,,,remember growing your first moustache?? Always a wispy Midge Ure affair... Steve Wright made a career-look out of it though...
    Steve Wright has made a career out of being an annoying toss piece who you'd never tire of hitting with an iron bar.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11285
    He should be able to buy expensive guitars, given that he was a RIch Kid.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5435
    Brian Pern's been busy...

• NeilNeil Frets: 3606
    Evilmags said:
    Not doubting his credentials but he always looked like a kid that was filling in with a grizzled old band of rockers, which of course he was. 

With that jumper and barnet he looked like he was still in Slik. 
    ;)
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Didn't he learn most of the Thin Lizzy set while sat on Concorde on the way to join the tour (was it Moore that had walked)

Something like that anyway.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72203
    Disappointed that it's not a grey Ibanez Roadstar (or Blazer?) which is the guitar I most associate with him...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ADPADP Frets: 184
    Let's not forget that this is the man who turned down a chance to be in the Sex Pistols and coined the phrase "punk rock".
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16290
    Didn't he learn most of the Thin Lizzy set while sat on Concorde on the way to join the tour (was it Moore that had walked)

Something like that anyway.

I think that was it, described himself as the worst guitarist ever in Lizzy.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618

EricTheWeary said: I think that was it, described himself as the worst guitarist ever in Lizzy
    May I introduce John Sykes, and his pinch harmonics?
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Lixarto said:

EricTheWeary said: I think that was it, described himself as the worst guitarist ever in Lizzy

I'd prefer it if you didn't.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    edited July 2014
    Cynical post alert:

I hate these Vintage signature guitars with a passion, it's complete marketing bullcrap. 

Do you really think midge prefers this £300 guitar to a Gibson (or other) equivalent, in a market that has every conceivable area covered, because he just couldn't get satisfied in his guitar needs elsewhere and thus had to come up with this unique instrument? No, nor me.

It's a V100 with nothing else changed apart from the trem, yet in the interview they try to make it sound like they built the space shuttle. Or as Trev says  of the production model "This is the second prototype, if you like". Wow, how can we be worthy of such effort!

I would have more respect if Midge said, "I'm really vain and want a guitar with my name on it but the big boys won't entertain me" or "I wanted to create a great budget guitar and put my name to it, although the guitar company said I couldn't give too much work to the R&D department"

Apologies for the rant, glad to get it off my chest!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2014
    ^ as per previous comments and the link he was using Vintage guitars before he had an endorsement. He's hardly the ten top PRS type of guitarist (as in ICBM's reference to the Ibanez Blazer). Sure, there is some marketing bollocks going on but I get the sense he does actually use these.
    Lixarto said:

yeah, I didn't say he was the worst. :bz
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    Erm well he *was* an Eggle endorsee for some time in the past...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• p90fool said:
    Bucket said:
    Vintage do seem to have been upping their game recently.

I hope so, I've never played one which didn't look and sound utterly vile, despite all the hype.
    I hve to admit, my experience with them has been hit and miss, but I know of at least one which I briefly owned in a trade with a friend which was really nice.  After trading back, I made it my mission to get a lemon drop but every one I tried was less good, in varying degrees.
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1202
    edited July 2014
    IanSavage said:
    (and if you get that, pat yourself on the back - you're a geek.)
    Parlour Eggle????
    Ahhh, OO-Vienna. Very good!