SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Integrated Amp for record player.

What's Hot
Anything dated and 70's would be great. Not looking to spend a bunch, just for the living room. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Have a look here, have bought and sold with them. Great service.

http://www.retrotechaudio.co.uk/currently-for-sale.html
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    If you fancy something more modern..... I’ll let the Marantz amp go on its own for £170 delivered. 

• DavidRDavidR Frets: 728
    edited January 2021
    For a turntable (I have a Rega Planar 1) I agree, old amps are just as good/better as some of the new ones. Solid state electronics don't really deteriorate and also old amps usually have a phono input which means you don't need a pre-amp. I use my son's old amp from his mid-range hifi system stack from the late 1990's and it's fine. On price, sound quality with such amps is very much a law of diminishing returns. Improving your speakers is often more worthwhile. Hope you find what you're after.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    NAD 3020 or Rotel RA-820 are the two classic 80s Hi-Fi amps - they can sound astonishingly good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2403
    prowla said:
    NAD 3020 or Rotel RA-820 are the two classic 80s Hi-Fi amps - they can sound astonishingly good.
    I’ll second the NAD 3020. I’ve had two, both of which were superb. The second I had a Rega Planar 3 through Kef Cresta 1s, and as a system it sounded bloody good for old budget gear. I’d happily buy them all again.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4947
    DavidR said:
    For a turntable (I have a Rega Planar 1) I agree, old amps are just as good/better as some of the new ones. Solid state electronics don't really deteriorate and also old amps usually have a phono input which means you don't need a pre-amp. I use my son's old amp from his mid-range hifi system stack from the late 1990's and it's fine. On price, sound quality with such amps is very much a law of diminishing returns. Improving your speakers is often more worthwhile. Hope you find what you're after.

The dedicated input for turntables is actually called a phono stage.  It is more than just a pre-amp, it applies the opposite boost/cut that the record pressings have [referred to as RIAA equalisation curve].

IMHO this phono stage, built in to the amp or a separate unit, is absolutely vital for good replay sound.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Thank you everyone for the help! Appreciate it. Got a good deal locally on an old Philips 591 so I'm going to pick that up. Again, thank you! Always a wealth of information here. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom