Pick guards for G&L Asats

Long shot but has anyone tried fitting a traditional Fender plate to an ASAT Classic? I'm struggling to find the dimensions for the trad plate, but getting G&L plates is next to impossible. 

My Classic has a Fender neck pickup so that side of things would be OK. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Bound to be someone on ebay doing replacements - try G&L directly.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    Nothing lines up very well. 

Firstly, the G&L neck pocket goes all way to the end of the fingerboard whereas the 22 fret Fender neck employs an overhang.

The control plate is positioned differently. 

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • KDSKDS Frets: 221
    As others have said, have you tried emailing G&L directly? I did when I got mine as it had some history (it was the actual guitar reviewed by Guitarist) and i was trying to find out as much as possible, got a lengthy and really helpful response, no £££ in it for them, so it was really good of them to take the time
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Thanks for the comments. I've looked into it and G&L no longer makes the guards for its guitars - they are done by an external company.

The site is also entirely focused on the USA guitars and there's no mention of their 'lesser' south East Asian brethren. Basically as far as I can see, you can only order them from the US and hope that they fit the Tribute bodies,which is bloody annoying. Or go to someone like SIMs and have one custom made in the UK. That's the route I'll end up going. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;)