0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Sad news. Such a classy footballer.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Great player and R.I.P.

If anyone can find the clip, he was on a tv programme once, I can't remember which one, but basically, he was kicking balls from quite a distance and getting them cleanly through tyres every time.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11294
    A majestic player, there's plenty of evidence of hoiw good he was on Youtube.
  • flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    Quality player, I’m an Hammer, but always had a lot of time for Man City back in the day, proper club and fans.
  • MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    I’m a Hammer.
    Colin was a brilliant player and a real gent.
    Sad news just keeps on coming.
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    Saw him play in the early 70s.  Great athlete
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    edited January 2021
    Great player. RIP.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14227
    tFB Trader
    A great player - As a kid growing up, then from round 1970 onwards are my regular early memories - I always thought Bell and later Tony Currie should have played far more games for England - A great player and I believe he'd still be a good player in the modern era, in the style of Modric as he had that class, style and vision

Maybe somewhat ironic that tonight he will get a minutes silence in the Manchester Derby game and it was such a game that effectively ended his career

RIP
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
    My dad's favourite player. He was at Newcastle away when we won the league in 1968.
    He loved showing me old VHS tapes when I was a kid,  of Bell, Lee & Summerbee.

He still tells a story of when England played in Mexico 1970 World Cup and all the players was fucked because of the altitude but Bell was the only one running round like he was still in Manchester.

RIP
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14227
    tFB Trader
    AlexO said:
    My dad's favourite player. He was at Newcastle away when we won the league in 1968.

He still tells a story of when England played in Mexico 1970 World Cup and all the players was fucked because of the altitude but Bell was the only one running round like he was still in Manchester.

RIP
    Always the same when dad's trying to show to their kids about legends - As you know, I'm a big Leeds fan, but such players and era is not of the same interest to my daughter as this generation - I don't think I ever saw a LUFC v MCFC game in the 70's, but saw him on TV a few times - One of my favourite players of that era that wasn't one of ours - I know there were the fancy play boy players like C George, R Marsh, S Bowles etc who could all offer magic at times, but equally go missing for many parts of the game - Bell could run the game IMO like Modric could - The ball and game would come to him - Some go looking for the ball and it has just moved to where they have come from, so headless chicken syndrome - Bell had far more class and style - Hope they show a few snippets tonight on Sky - And for the record I hope you win tonight with style and a convincing scoreline
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
    AlexO said:

RIP
    Always the same when dad's trying to show to their kids about legends - As you know, I'm a big Leeds fan, but such players and era is not of the same interest to my daughter as this generation - I don't think I ever saw a LUFC v MCFC game in the 70's, but saw him on TV a few times - One of my favourite players of that era that wasn't one of ours - I know there were the fancy play boy players like C George, R Marsh, S Bowles etc who could all offer magic at times, but equally go missing for many parts of the game - Bell could run the game IMO like Modric could - The ball and game would come to him - Some go looking for the ball and it has just moved to where they have come from, so headless chicken syndrome - Bell had far more class and style - Hope they show a few snippets tonight on Sky - And for the record I hope you win tonight with style and a convincing scoreline
     Thought the tribute and performance were perfect. Watching Mike Summerbee in the stands was very touching.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Another blast from my past. Legend. RIP.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.