SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn: Ibanez SR505 inc hardcase

What's Hot
DontgiveupyourdayjobDontgiveupyourdayjob Frets: 3812
edited January 2021 in Basses £
£350 ono collected from Sunderland (or delivered in the Tyne & Wear/North East area). Bit of a tough sell given that I don't have a box to post, but thought I'd give it a go here as well as the usual local FB selling forums.

I bought it about a year ago to replace my Ibanez 500 as I fancied having changing to 5 strings from 4. These are some of the best value, most versatile and no-nonsense basses you ever come across. The pickups are the excellent Bartolini MK1 Humbuckers, and the 3 band active EQ makes it incredibly versatile.

It's light for a 5 string, and the neck is about as narrow and finger-friendly as you could wish for in a 5-string.

It's barely a year old and has been lightly used. It got a wee bit of gigging action in Jan/Feb last year, but has barely been touched since Covid hit so is in great condition.

Neck: 5pc Jatoba/Bubinga
Body: Mahogany
Bridge: Accu-Cast B25 (16.5mm string spacing)
Pickups: Twin Bartolini MK1 Humbuckers
Eq: Bartolini MK1 3-band EQ

These don't come with a gig bag or case, but I bought the official Premium Range fitted semi hardcase that normally only comes with the Japanese Premium SR range. Cost over a hundred quid, and it's brilliant in terms of storage space for cables, pedals etc when gigging (if you remember what that is?!)

Link to more pics here: 

Ibby SR505 - Imgur 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8692
    ... Bit of a tough sell given that I don't have a box to post, ...
    Therein lies the problem. Under the current lockdown it is illegal to travel for non-essential purposes. Since the forum cannot support or condone illegal activity this item must be posted or couriered. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Roland said:
    ... Bit of a tough sell given that I don't have a box to post, ...
    Therein lies the problem. Under the current lockdown it is illegal to travel for non-essential purposes. Since the forum cannot support or condone illegal activity this item must be posted or couriered. 
    Ah right, sorry I hadn't realised! Consider my wrists duly slapped!! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom