Lockdown torture

What's Hot
downbytheriverdownbytheriver Frets: 1049
Because we’re shielding extremely vulnerable family members (10 months and counting) we’ve moved to a new level of risk aversion. Currently sitting in the quarantine area (garage storage!) still in their wrapping are 

Empress Zoia (free on Monday)
Nocturne El Pescadero (free on Tuesday)

I am remaining calm... 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    I just spray items coming in with Dettol or 70% alcohol.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1631
    I just spray items coming in with Dettol or 70% alcohol.
    Yes, even the care home where my wife is just wipe incoming goods down.

Dave.

• I offer a covid secure quarantine service for pedals as it happens, just send them over and I'll make sure they're safe...
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Everything gets wiped after it’s quarantine. If the virus gets in to our house that’s two almost certainly dead and if we, the carers (who both are vulnerable) get it, who will care for the others? Happy with our arrangement. I know it might be over the top but it’s better than being not quite enough. Just a touch frustrating! I want my toys! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • When I saw this heading in the pedals section I assumed Lockdown Torture was the name of a new fuzz pedal or something.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • When I saw this heading in the pedals section I assumed Lockdown Torture was the name of a new fuzz pedal or something.
    Sounds like something Tate FX would come up with
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
    Will be worth the wait. I was just saying to @DB_1 the El Pesc didn’t come to life for me until I tweaked the internal gain switch and had the volume on full.

In the meantime I’m sure your Mystery Brain will keep you busy 

• I was shielding during the first lockdown, all post lay in a corner of the hall for three or four days before opening. After a few months we just opened them and washed our hands afterwards.

We used to wipe the shopping down before putting it away, but stopped after a few months of that too. Hands are washed or sanitised before and after shopping and cooking/eating so it's not worth getting the wipes out.
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    On the plus side its keeping you away from the ZOIA rabbit hole I'm still in from getting one in the first lockdown. :)

Stay safe and enjoy.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    How long is quarantine and does that change depending on where it has come from? 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    Fuengi said:
    How long is quarantine and does that change depending on where it has come from? 
    Different surfaces has different effect in the longevity of the virus.  A smoother surface has a higher chance of a virus surviving longer.  There has been report of a virus on a surface for as long as 4 weeks but I believe at least 2 days would be the average.

or if the item is sealed, new inside a box, presumably it was made more than a month ago therefore everything inside the item’s own packaging is safe therefore I normally open the package, then spray the item’s packaging with Dettol, wipe it all over then wash my hands.

honestly, as long as you don’t start licking the packaging or licking the pedal, just wash your hands.  Pedals don’t sneeze or breath so it’s not going to get airborne that way.

that’s what I’ve been doing. Same with my shopping.  Yup, I’ve not eaten salad in like a year! Just cook all my vegetables.  I’ve even flash boiled lemons too as heat kills the virus.
  • We’re quarantining everything for 5 days. I understand that the official number is 72 hours  
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    How much is a hazmat suit? I’d buy one if it’s cheap enough
  • shaunm said:
    How much is a hazmat suit? I’d buy one if it’s cheap enough
    I think bog standard non-pressurised ones are about £25 or so.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Zoia out, brain hurting already! The potential of this thing is extraordinary 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom