What's a good chips n' gravy bass overdrive pedal?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mbembe Frets: 1840
    Keefy said:
    mbe said:
    Joyo High Gain Distortion. One might think that this shouldn't work but it sounds amazing in small doses.  There are one or two youtube videos hailing this remarkable pedal for bass.
    Any idea whether his is a copy of another pedal?
    @Keefy yes the Joyo JF-04 is modelled on the Marshall Shredmaster without the bass knob. It's also similar to the Hyde section of the Visual Sounds Jekyll and Hyde pedal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • alalalkasaralalalkasar Frets: 363
    I really like my dod 250 with my bass. It's not particularly versatile but it does a lovely valveish growl.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    edited March 2021
    I use the EHX Battalion Nano. I checked out a few different ones but this ended my search. Very flexible eq options and even capable of a lovely fuzz sound; it’s a Swiss Army knife kind of pedal. If you gig it’s probably worth getting the full fat version as it has better options for feeding a desk or PA and more channel switching flexibility.

Edit; so good he named it twice!
  • MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    A Big Muff bass pedal.
    not the little ones .
    All the latest Behringer Bass pedals are amazing.
    Outstanding value for money at around £20 each on amazon uk
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    mbe said:
    Keefy said:
    mbe said:
    Joyo High Gain Distortion. One might think that this shouldn't work but it sounds amazing in small doses.  There are one or two youtube videos hailing this remarkable pedal for bass.
    Any idea whether his is a copy of another pedal?
    @Keefy yes the Joyo JF-04 is modelled on the Marshall Shredmaster without the bass knob. It's also similar to the Hyde section of the Visual Sounds Jekyll and Hyde pedal.
    Surprising answer - and very slow response from me!