SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wtb a capo

One of them things wot holds strings down.

I want a good one, though. I had a planet waves one that was absolutely fantastic until it threaded and became an expensive (rubbish) paperweight. 

Which was all of a year... 

Anyone got one they don't need? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4914
    Yep, I have at least one that I don't use any more - I'll dig it out first thing in the morning.  Well, around tennish?

• Nitefly said:
    Yep, I have at least one that I don't use any more - I'll dig it out first thing in the morning.  Well, around tennish?

@Nitefly Very interested! What one is it? 
    Sorry, TPD, forgot all about this after I went to bed  :#

It turns out I have 2 that I don't use; one is a Shubb and the other is a Kyser.  As far as I know they are both standard models, though I wouldn't know how to identify a non-standard one...  The Kyser says "04 04" in tiny letters just below the Kyser logo.

You can have either for a small donation to the Fretboard coffers, if you fancy one.

• @nitefly deal! Shubb sounds brill to me, they retail for about £15 so I'll pop £7.50 in the forum coffer and cover postage for you. Pm incoming. 
    Good choice - the Kyser one looks like a mediaeval implement of torture to me!  :) 

I'll get it in a jiffy bag tomorrow - cheers!

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12352
    edited January 2021
    @nitefly is the kyser okay for acoustic and electric, if so I will do the same deal if you are still happy to let go?
    munckee said:
    @nitefly is the kyser okay for acoustic and electric, if so I will do the same deal if you are still happy to let go?
    @munckee yes, I've just tried it on my Martin acoustic and on an SG, it was fine.  It might not be so clever on a Fender-style small-radius fingerboard, but I haven't got one here to try.

If you still fancy it, let me have a PM with your address details.