Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The impact of lockdown or a midlife crisis?

What's Hot

Comments

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8786
    I like it but it’s very (too?) expensive. 

The world would a very boring place if everyone liked the same thing.  AFAIK the reaction to the Flying V, Explorer and SG wasn’t exactly glowing when they were released...
    Agreed, they should be knocking these out for about £800. 
    Thirded.  Quirkily cool, but a grand (or more) overpriced for something so utterly bonkers.  If they could knock out the Mexican Alternate Reality XIIs for sub-£800 (on which the Mavericks were based, more or less) I don't see why they had to make 'em in the US factories and charge top whack.  
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    Strat54 said:
    Yeah the headstock is a non starter, body okay though.
    You just described one of my ex girlfriends ;) 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've got it so bad I'm looking to buy my first 7-string.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    Redlester said:
    Oh God, that's feckin vile. Sorry to rain all over your thread, but that thing is a despicable waste of cash. 
    ... and wood  B)  
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    grungebob said:
    For that kind of money I’d be going for one of these 

It's nice but it needs more knobs and switches.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Looks like Dearmond got it right first time. ;)
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3185
    It’s definitely the guitar equivalent of that time my ex-girlfriend’s mum tried it on with me. Much as I knew it would be a stupid idea, the temptation was overwhelming, just to see what it would be like. 

I’m sure that like on that particular occasion I’ll turn down the opportunity (after all no one actively tries to get on Jeremy Kyle), and will just occasionally wonder what if it was more stupid to say ‘no’. :)
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It’s definitely the guitar equivalent of that time my ex-girlfriend’s mum tried it on with me. Much as I knew it would be a stupid idea, the temptation was overwhelming, just to see what it would be like. 

I’m sure that like on that particular occasion I’ll turn down the opportunity (after all no one actively tries to get on Jeremy Kyle), and will just occasionally wonder what if it was more stupid to say ‘no’. :)
    I could mention the 3 sisters, but it's probably not a good idea  :#
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    I always thought American bikes were like American cars.
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 702
    Why not just get a nice plain sober thing like a Backlund400 .... or,  as others have said, step away from the internet and cut up all your credit cards already...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 604
    I am considering selling my Strat and getting a an RG550 in dayglo yellow.

May only be 39 and Ibanez do not suit me in any shape or form but I feels the descent beginning...............

Jetsam1 said:

May only be 39 and Ibanez do not suit me in any shape or form but I feels the descent beginning...............

This is where it starts: a to hell with sobriety attitude, who wants to conform and be normal anyway? ;) Welcome to the club, embrace it I say! 
  • Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 604
    Jetsam1 said:

This is where it starts: a to hell with sobriety attitude, who wants to conform and be normal anyway? ;) Welcome to the club, embrace it I say! 
    Way, way back I played a red Ibby RG in an Indie originals band so I do have form!

It would just be my personal plaything for private moments so that is ok no?

• Kent747Kent747 Frets: 248
    I’m currently shopping Les Pauls. I’ve not been a humbucker guy for years. Lockdown. It ruins the mind. 
    Kent747 said:
    I’m currently shopping Les Pauls. I’ve not been a humbucker guy for years. Lockdown. It ruins the mind. 
    Eastman SB59...
  • I quite like the maverick dorado.  I have a nice collection of classic and pretty guitars (Les Pauls, Tele's, White Falcon) so I kinda like the ugly duckling aspect of it.  I dont appreciate that at that price Fender cheaped out on a licenced bigsby and also that the pups seem to be the standard Tim Shaw bucker with a filtertron cover.  At around the £2k mark i'd be expecting top hardware and probably a pickup that has either been designed for the guitar (and not whipped out of a parts bin) or is parhaps something away from the norm (since, well the rest of the guitar is just that).
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've just gone all in on the midlife crisis and ordered a seven string multiscale. God help me.

• I've just gone all in on the midlife crisis and ordered a seven string multiscale. God help me.

Just have fun on. Crank up the gain on a 6505 model, put shogun by trivium on and rock out. It's great fun! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2085
    The headstock looks like a creation from the “drawing cocks on things you shouldn’t” Facebook page. 
    Freebird said:

I could mention the 3 sisters, but it's probably not a good idea  :#
    You jest, but... =)