Tanglewood blackbird TWBB O vs Yamaha FS 820? Do you feel the Tanglewood BB's neck a bit sticky ?

Hi, I would like to ask you all..
I am thinking of buying a new acoustic guitar. However, due to Covid regulation in my country, I can not play acoustic guitars that I want directly in the store..and so, I need to ask here.

My choices are these two guitars :
Yamaha FS 820 
Or 
Tanglewood Blackbird BB-0E

Now, I haven't tried them out yet but I know the specs from their website. Yamaha has a solid top but Tanglewood doesn't. And so, actually, they are not exactly comparable.

However, a few days ago, a friend in my church played the Tanglewood BB-OE unplugged and it blew my mind! The sounds coming out from that guitar was very good.
But I haven't got the chance to try it out much..I could only borrow it for a few secs from his hands.

On the other hand, I have heard good things about Yamaha FS 820 ( never tried it myself, though)

What do you guys think?
Esthetically, I love that Tanglewood BB.

But ,my concern is the neck..it has a black- finish and when I tried it , it felt sticky in my hands. Is this true? Has anyone ever tried the Tanglewood BBOE and experience the same thing?

I haven't tried the Yamaha FS820, but I heard many good things about it.

What do you think I should take?
Please help me with some advice.

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Joe

Don't worry about the sticky neck. A little talc (you know the stuff you used to shove under your armpits as a teenager) smeared along the neck until your skin fat greases it enough to play wonderfully.

Can't speak for the guitars but I'm a bit of a Yamaha fan.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom