MC6 with h9 help

What's Hot
Midi noob here so go easy.

I can program a preset on my mc6 to the h9. It engages the h9 but when i hit the same button it doesnt disengage or bypass, anyone know where im goibg wrong?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 597
    edited January 2021
    You need to engage toggle mode on the mc6 and send a "turn off" cc message when the MC6 toggles to position 2.
    The MC6 needs to know what message to send everytime you press a switch. At the moment,  you have just told it to activate a preset on the H9 everytime you press the switch and that's what it is doing. You need to tell it to switch it off on the second press.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Thank you @Beexter , slowly getting there. It all seems quite baffling to me at the minute

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 597
    No worries.  I'm no expert & it's worth searching for the Morningstar videos on YouTube- i found them really helpful.
  • If memory serves me, (I no longer have an H9) the eventide needs to be told to be active or bypassed, and I think you have to assign those functions their own CC value in the app. Once you’ve done that, just add the bypass state message to your mc6 button that selects the preset. 

Hope this makes sense. 
  • If memory serves me, (I no longer have an H9) the eventide needs to be told to be active or bypassed, and I think you have to assign those functions their own CC value in the app. Once you’ve done that, just add the bypass state message to your mc6 button that selects the preset. 

Hope this makes sense. 
    Thats right I think. 
    Not done it for 2 years or so but thats what I was thinking when I read the opening post 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7145
    edited January 2021
    ...and then do the toggle thing listed above too. 

So your message 1 on the MC6 is your PC change message. Message 2 is a CC toggle between active and bypass states. If I recall, when you save your preset on your H9 you can decide whether the preset loads in active or bypassed state, so that should determine which state you want on the first toggle. 

Tricky to explain, far easier in reality. 
  • Thank you @GavRichList @meltedbuzzbox and @Beexter for your help, got it figured out.