Just got hit by a car

What's Hot
What a bloody shit evening I've had. Was on the phone to the buyer of my Taylor trying to figure out why he's not happy with the guitar. But I'm not the sort of person who switches off when on the phone, I was paying attention to the road at this zebra crossing. Traffic was ages away, back near some flats just off the roundabout, I'd say about 50-60yards away from the crossing.

I was most of the way across the road, and I was on the phone, and all of a sudden this fucking car is on top of me hitting me on the left side, grazing my feet and my legs. I literally had to jump backwards to get out of the way.

My lower legs hurt a bit, but I'm fine apart from the shock.

I went mental at him, started screaming at the top of my lungs about him almost killing me and called him a cunt. He stuck his gormless face out of the window, saw how angry I was and drove off.

Guy on the phone didn't know what to think. He was terrified!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    Hope you reported that, he should have stopped before the crossing for a bloody start but that’s now a hit and run, even if you didn’t get the reg number, there may be traffic camera that did. 

Other than that, hope your ok chap and recover quickly. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24200
    Yup. That’s a hit and run.

Report it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8693
    @fretmeister will know the answer, but I think it is illegal not to stop at the scene of an accident and determine that you are not injured.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24798
    I got hit by a hire car last night.

Fucking Hertz....
    39reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Did you ever get to find out why the guy doesn't like the Taylor?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've just reported it.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Shocker! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Roland said:
    @fretmeister will know the answer, but I think it is illegal not to stop at the scene of an accident and determine that you are not injured.
    He stopped and looked out the window. But I must've been coming across like a maniac, so he drove off. I was screaming about him trying to kill me, and that I was half way across the road, and that I've got a kid, etc etc.

I was shocked. Had a panic attack and ended up having to call the wife to come and collect me.

Bye!

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Oof hope you OK now. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18679
    Seriously Drew, take it easy tonight & be prepared to hurt tomorrow in places that you hadn't realised were involved.
    It is illegal to flee the scene of a RTA so I hope you manage to chase up the police to catch & prosecute the driver.
    Look after yourself, nobody else will  ;)
  • I'm okay, really. A graze on my left shin and right ankle, and a small cut on my little finger. Could've been worse. It happened about 6:30pm, the shock was unexpected. Jesus.

Bye!

• Take some deep breaths, and be ready for some weird aches - you'll be surprised how much adrenaline kills pain!

How are you doing now? 
  • You know what, all I can think about - and I'm slightly weepy as I type this - is my kid growing up without a father figure.

And I'm thinking about how much I waste time, and how much I procrastinate with writing bullshit on this forum, and how pointless everything is.

Physically I feel fine, but I feel very sad right now. Guess I'll feel better tomorrow.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    You know what, all I can think about - and I'm slightly weepy as I type this - is my kid growing up without a father figure.

And I'm thinking about how much I waste time, and how much I procrastinate with writing bullshit on this forum, and how pointless everything is.

Physically I feel fine, but I feel very sad right now. Guess I'll feel better tomorrow.
    You are in shock. 

Might be worth ringing NHS Direct
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6870
    edited January 2021
    Roland said:
    He stopped and looked out the window. But I must've been coming across like a maniac, so he drove off. I was screaming about him trying to kill me, and that I was half way across the road, and that I've got a kid, etc etc.

I was shocked. Had a panic attack and ended up having to call the wife to come and collect me.
    For any incident causing damage or injury the driver or driver of the vehicle if their vehicle was involved even if there were not in it, is legally obliged to stop, which I guess he technically did, but the stop entails handing over some details to someone (you in this case) as you had grounds to require them. (Which he failed to do). 

If details werent exchanged you/the driver/other driver get 24 hours to notify the police. 

As he didnt stop and give details it was illegals for sureS

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6870
    You know what, all I can think about - and I'm slightly weepy as I type this - is my kid growing up without a father figure.

Glad you are ok man. Did the right thing reporting it. 

My dad was hit by a cab a few years ago, came home from work with bandages all over him. 
    Cab just knocked him down as he was crossing the road. 

Cab firm offered him free rides for life, which he never used out of principle. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12326
    edited January 2021
    I got hit by a car when I was 16 and walked/limped home. After a couple of hours when the shock wore off the pain grew and my dad took me to casualty - I had snapped the bone at the side of my ankle completely through. Had 12 weeks in plaster and missed all my mocks. 

If your leg starts to swell/go black seek help. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    That's shit, rest and take it easy, you are probably in a bit of shock, tomorrow will be achy but it could have been a lot worse.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You know what, all I can think about - and I'm slightly weepy as I type this - is my kid growing up without a father figure.

The sprog isn't growing up without a dad. However, you might well be in shock. I'm sure the Mrs is taking care of you, but consider calling 111. 
  • Seek medical attention dude, even if its "just" NHS 24.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom