What's Hot

Comments

• glad to hear you’re ok mate. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 851
    Best wishes, take care.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5359
    Oops. Glad it wasn't any worse, and hope that by tomorrow it's just seen as a karmic enlightening by all practitioners of parkour.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Snags said:
    Oops. Glad it wasn't any worse, and hope that by tomorrow it's just seen as a karmic enlightening by all practitioners of parkour.
    People who do parkour generally end up avoiding road accidents.

Bye!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    Sorry to hear this Drew. Hope you get some relaxed cuddle time with the Mrs. 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11886
    glad you're OK
    these scares can help us to re-evaluate  and appreciate what's most important, and you have plenty of important things to be glad of I think
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    To be clear - the car hit you whilst you were more than half way across the road on a zebra crossing???
  • yockyyocky Frets: 809
    Grim, hope you're ok this morning.

It frightens me to think what perception that guy had of that event. Maybe he wasn't paying attention, but it's entirely possible he's still wondering what you were doing in the middle of the road, why you didn't get a shift on when you heard him coming, and independently what those lines were doing painted on the road. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3679
    Glad you're OK
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    yocky said:
    Grim, hope you're ok this morning.

It frightens me to think what perception that guy had of that event. Maybe he wasn't paying attention, but it's entirely possible he's still wondering what you were doing in the middle of the road, why you didn't get a shift on when you heard him coming, and independently what those lines were doing painted on the road. 
    The guy was probably on his phone, frantically explaining why the Taylor he'd bought was no good.
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Maybe this is a lesson not to cross roads/crossings while on the phone no matter how switched on you think you are. Things can go so wrong even when we think we are paying full attention. Glad you’re ok though. I am a bit confused how he hit you on the left hand side though, was he coming from the wrong direction? You weren’t Moonwalking across were you?
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • ColsCols Frets: 6989
    Well, it’s reported - and given that in London you could blindfold yourself, throw a tennis ball and have it bounce off at least three CCTV cameras - very likely on camera as well.

Did you get his car reg?
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5616
    Hope you're ok, Drew.

Good that you reported it and hope they catch the so-and-so.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    zepp76 said:
    Maybe this is a lesson not to cross roads/crossings while on the phone no matter how switched on you think you are. Things can go so wrong even when we think we are paying full attention. Glad you’re ok though. I am a bit confused how he hit you on the left hand side though, was he coming from the wrong direction? You weren’t Moonwalking across were you?

He was past half-way across the road, so the car would've been coming from his left.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5732
    No one needs that in their day, hope you haven’t woken up to many unexpected aches today. 
  • Glad you're OK.  Hopefully there's some CCTV or dashcam footage and they find him.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• prowla said:
    To be clear - the car hit you whilst you were more than half way across the road on a zebra crossing???
    zepp76 said:
    I agree obviously that people should be careful. But now details are coming back to me; I'm 99% certain there was a bloody car waiting for me to cross on the right hand side!

So I'm the red dot, crossing to go down, yellow car is waiting for me. Traffic coming from the other direction is about 50-60 yards away when I start crossing. From there, I'm crossing the road as you normally would, and red car goes over the crossing and collides with me as I'm about half way across. 

My left leg bore the brunt of it, and is a bit sore this morning. My hip is tender. But nothing long-term. Not feeling as maudlin this morning now, fairly chipper!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I hope you're not feeling it too much today. Shock would have masked some of the pain initially, with all that adrenalin.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24263
    TTony said:
    and all of a sudden this fucking car is on top of me 
    That’s the thing with Honda Civics.

Completely non-descript, they fade into the background and you just don’t notice them.
    I have witnesses who can corroborate my alibi.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24205
    Jaycee said:
    Homeopathic tablets  "Arnica 30c" is good for shock.

It may come out a bit stronger over the next week, glad you are ok.

Lovely bit of trolling there.