Your favourite pitch pedal

What's Hot
After a good sounding pitch pedal any recommendations? I owned the tc brainwaves, but it sounded pretty awful imo. I liked the pitch effects on the hx effects, wondering if anyone has a favourite pitch pedal.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rich75rich75 Frets: 36
    Possibly overkill as it does a lot more than just pitch effects, but the best pedal I've used for pitch effects is the Eventide H9. I believe the Eventide PitchFactor has basically the same pitch effects as the H9, so that could be another option.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    After a good sounding pitch pedal any recommendations? I owned the tc brainwaves, but it sounded pretty awful imo. I liked the pitch effects on the hx effects, wondering if anyone has a favourite pitch pedal.
    Recommendations will depend on what you want to use it for...detuning, whammy style bends, harmonising...etc.
    What will be the main uses?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26925
    The Whammy V is awesome. I've never tried a POG for more than 5 minutes. I reckon I'd like a Pog2 a great deal. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rich75 said:
    Possibly overkill as it does a lot more than just pitch effects, but the best pedal I've used for pitch effects is the Eventide H9. I believe the Eventide PitchFactor has basically the same pitch effects as the H9, so that could be another option.
    I should have mentioned, I already have a h9 max on my board, I was after a standalone that I can tweak the intervals on the fly.
  • Beexter said:
    Recommendations will depend on what you want to use it for...detuning, whammy style bends, harmonising...etc.
    What will be the main uses?
    Harmonising would be my main use I would say.
  • rich75 said:
    I also find the tracking to be at bit off on the h9 pitch effects, have you found this?

• Any tried the meris hedra?
  • Micro POG had the best tracking for me, I've got the POG 2 now and I think the tracking may be ever so slightly worse but it has presets and loads more options
  • rich75rich75 Frets: 36
    rich75 said:
    I also find the tracking to be at bit off on the h9 pitch effects, have you found this?

No, not that I recall. I guess it could depend where it is in the effects chain and what kind of input level it is getting but I was always happy with the harmonies it generated.
  • The answer is whammy. Move along, nothing to see. 

That said, I have an OC-5 and the utterly sublime PS-3 too. The latter is a death row pedal. 
  • Whammy by miles. 
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2234
    I've just bought one but not saying what it is. 
  • slacker said:
    Brainwaves?
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Whammy and PS3 for me too.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2234
    slacker said:
    Brainwaves?
    I did post a thread as a quiz but got no replies. So, it's a Rastop Super Divider. Its the early version with no labels.
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3389
    I have an EHX Pitchfork which I like. It does alter the sound, but in quite a nice way. Tracking is great and polyphonic, which is often the downfall in these types of pedals.

Didn't line 6 just release new polyphonic pitch shifting for the Helix / HXFX range? Very CPU intensive from what I've read, but you'd have to think it would be decent.