Can i use Radial Bones ABY like a humdinger for wet/dry

Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
Looking at splitting my big board into a wet dry rig, I think it’ll do the same job but just thought I’d check. Can i use my Radial Bones ABY in the same way a GigRig humdinger would work?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I used my radial to set up two amps and did wet/dry with it.  Has the same features as the humdinger in terms of ground lift etc as you will know already if you have one.  
  • Yes, it’s one of the few non
    gigrig products that the TPS guys regularly recommend. The radial stuff is very good quality
    How very rock and roll
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1595
    Yes, it’s one of the few non
    gigrig products that the TPS guys regularly recommend. The radial stuff is very good quality
    I second this, I’ve had one for ages. It just works. I do wish it was a touch smaller which is why I quite like the look of the Gigrig ABY. That said, I’ve no reason to buy one when the one I have works perfectly. 
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    Wouldn't any pedal with stereo output work, at front of chain?
    I use a Fender ABY to run 2 amps (or did when we were allowed out ), it wasn't wet dry, more dual mono, but was thinking I could use an MXR KFK graphic, which has 2 outputs to split signal into 2 amps, one of which would have some pedals in front, therefore wet / dry.
    Just something I have been pondering.
  • Andy - yes it will... the gigrig and radial switches have ground loop switches to minimise any amp noise/hum etc.  They also have a 180 switch which allows your speakers to be in phase rather than out of phase...in phase there is more bass, out of phase there is less bass.  Unfortunately some pedals change the speaker phase ..my Mooer elec lady being one!  I started off with the radial aby but then got an old gigrig humdinger because I didn’t need switching as always using two amps in wet/dry.  No noise issues.