Any tips for increasing the ‘realisim’ of the HX Stomp

mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
I’ve had my stomp for just over a year and am really happy with it. As these have been around a while with lots of users on here I thought I would ask what are people’s hints and tips for enhancing the ‘realisim’ of the sounds.

I almost exclusively use the plexi bright amp and play through a SD170 power amp into a normal guitar cab. I have found dropping the Sag control to 4.5 and (thanks to a great recent video from @JohnCordy) setting the input impedance to 1M ohm have been great! 

I tried putting the kinky boost between amp and IR with the drive off and boost and bright switches on. This sounded great at home, and probably would on recordings too but live it was too compressed and flubby in the bass.

Anyone found any other great little tips and tricks?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    I found putting a volume block right at the end of the chain helps but I am using stock csb/IRs rather than a real cab.

The power cab is so close in terms of what I'd like but kinda falls short for the cab emulation. Shame
  • @Jetfire what are you setting the volume block too? Is using a volume block right at the end of the chain different to increasing the volume on the output block?
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    It's set to nothing. It does something to the over all sound, maybe makes it more directand really noticable when you wear headphones.. Try it rather than the kinky boost
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    edited January 2021
    Edit: Just noticed you mentioned that vid. 
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.