Rather alarming experience !

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
So, I'm working for a University at the moment, and all of their campuses (campii ? LOL) are closed due to the virus etc, so I'm in one of the college buildings - completely alone.  Six floors, umpteen rooms, not a single other human but me.  It's a little bit creepy as all the lights are off too, and if I need to go to a specific room, I have to fumble around in the dark corridors until I find a light switch.  Throughout the day, I hear the odd strange noise and your mind plays games with you.

Come the afternoon, I'm fumbling my way down a dark corridor and see a light in the distance.  As I get closer, I can see that one of the rooms has all the lights on - which is odd.  I decide to investigate, so open the door, to be faced with several partitions blocking my immediate view into the room.  I approach them and look over the top, only to see the room in disarray - tables and chairs overturned etc - and then I spot it...  in the corner is a person - flat out on the floor, a cloth over their face and - to my horror - a large knife embedded in their chest - blood stains all over the place.  Shocked, I recoil at the scene before spotting that the 'body' was actually a dummy and I subsequently discovered that the room is used by students of crime scene investigations!
Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
2reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    Was that room 237? ;)
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7732
    Reckon you should have looked closer.....

and seen that the dead man has your face
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1568
    So you are fumbling with yourself in a dark room ? 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    This is why you should always keep a spare pair of underpants at work.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4901
    Why were the lights on?

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    That’s weird. 

I have been into our office building a couple of times when it’s almost empty, although no CGI room that I’m aware of, and it is definitely odd being in such a big space with no one around. 
    There is an emergency planning room in the basement were responses to emergencies for the County are supposed to be coordinated from but as it’s an enclosed space basically useless in the event of a pandemic. Indeed the open plan office area where I normally sit was designed so it can be subdivided to provide wards in the event of a crisis and they have yet to turn it into a Nightingale hospital. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1083
    My takeaway from this story is that you need a torch
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18378
     Scary stuff. The university I used to work in had installed movement sensing lighting that automatically switched off after a few minutes of inactivity.
    It is quite unnerving to be sat working alone in an almost empty open plan type building and seeing a bank of lights turn off in the distance, then another and another, with the darkness advancing toward you.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    Next time you are in there can you ask them bin bags they recommend ;) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Did you work out who did it? 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Did you work out who did it? 
    Professor Plum in the drawing room....wait!!! Is this just a teaser campaign for Emp Fab being announced as a new piece in Cluedo? 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11808
    So basically you scared yourself?
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    One of our clients works in a big Regus building, and whenever I'm there out of hours, or in lockdown, the auto-sensing lights coupled with the soul-sucking featureless decor and the inevitable flickering bulbs always put me in mind of Doom or Half-Life.

Which is fine for the first couple of minutes, then gets you a bit twitchy.
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    A GHOST STORY FROM NEWFOUNDLAND 

This happened in a little town named Norris Arm, in Newfoundland. Even though it sounds like an Alfred Hitchcock tale, it is absolutely true. 

A man was on the side of a road hitchhiking on a very dark night in the middle of a terrible rainstorm, and no cars were on the road. The storm was so strong the guy could hardly see a few feet ahead of him. Suddenly, he saw a car coming close towards him and stop. The guy, without thinking about it, got in the car and closed the door. Only then did he realise that there was nobody behind the steering wheel. 

The car started to move very slowly. The guy looked at the road and saw a curve ahead. Petrified, he started to pray, begging for his life. He had not come out of shock when, just before the car hit the curve, a hand suddenly appeared through the window and turned the steering wheel. 

The guy, now paralysed in terror, watched how the hand appeared every time the car was approaching a bend in the road. Finally, although terrified, he mustered enough courage to open a door and jumped out of the spooky car to run for his life. 

Without looking back, he ran through the storm all the way to the nearest public bar. Soaking wet, exhausted, and in a state of utter shock, the pale, petrified, visibly shaken chap, walked into the bar and asked for two shots of whisky. Then, trembling with fright, he started telling everyone about the horrible experience he just had in the spooky car, with no driver, and the mysterious hand which kept appearing. 

Everyone in the bar listened in silence and became frightened by this eerie story. Hairs stood on end, and they realised the guy was telling the truth because he was crying, and he definitely was not drunk! 

About an hour later two guys walked into the same bar and one said to the other, "Look, my son, there's the ******* who got into the car while we were pushing it!"
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom