rubbish bin bags

What's Hot
phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
Im trying to have a clear out and de clutter.

The bin bags you get from the supermarket are very thin and rip too easily and I could do with something better. rubble sacks are too small. Any recommendations please
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Garden sacks...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    Scientists have revealed they have developed graphene, claimed to be the thinnest substance known to man. 

They’ve obviously never seen a Tesco’s value bin bag. 
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    you can get heavy duty bin bags. They're also rubbish, but if you double them up they're OK.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10404
    edited January 2021
    You know those films where they kill someone, cut em up and put them in bin bags ? well try that with an Asda bin bag and you will have an arm splitting through the side and claret all over the floor before you ever got it loaded into the car boot. 

I use garden refuse sacks (for normal kitchen shit not bodies ) twice the price but less likely to break. The next step up is rubble sacks but these are generally small as if you filled a large one with rubble you would never lift it. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4914
    Danny1969 said:
    You know those films where they kill someone, cut em up and put them in bin bags ? well try that with an Asda bin bag and you will have an arm splitting through the side and claret all over the floor before you ever got it loaded into the car boot. 

I use garden refuse sacks (for normal kitchen shit not bodies ) twice the price but less likely to break. The next step up is rubble sacks but these are generally small as if you filled a large one with rubble you would never lift it. 
    So what do you use for the bodies?

Erm - asking for a friend...

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Danny1969 said:

Claret everywhere? Rookie mistake, you’ve  got to wait for the blood to coagulate.  :3
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnS37JohnS37 Frets: 345
    The very best bags I have had are the bags our coal used to be delivered in.  Exactly the right size for garden waste, and very durable.
    If you want to buy new bags try Transatlantic Plastics on the IOW.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18729
    I bought these   https://www.amazon.co.uk/Medium-Black-Refuse-Rubbish-Liners/dp/B076KR54X9/ref=psdc_182304031_t1_B076KPLV1V
    As bin bags they are very good, not rubble sack thickness but they aren't see through, I haven't torn any and they don't stink like many cheaper brands I have used. YMMV  :)
    We bought a roll of 50 black bags just before we moved. The place we moved to had a load of stuff in the shed and garage and we were expecting to throw loads of things out that’d need bagging up. Discovered on the first bin collection day that we’re not allowed to put black bags in the bins. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18729
    boogieman said:
    We bought a roll of 50 black bags just before we moved. The place we moved to had a load of stuff in the shed and garage and we were expecting to throw loads of things out that’d need bagging up. Discovered on the first bin collection day that we’re not allowed to put black bags in the bins. 
    Ouch! Separate local authority recycling & waste regulations in England are totally unfit for purpose & have been for years.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    boogieman said:
    I think this is to do with the systems at recycling plants being foiled by anything black, they can’t identify ( and thus recycle) the materials. 

We have a collection of those large blue bags with the yellow straps you get from IKEA. Although we don’t throw them away they are pretty heavy duty for transferring rubbish, general garden waste,etc. Ours will have been used for shopping, as laundry bags, for garden waste, for trips to the tip,etc, so used many times over and I don’t  think even the tattiest one has needed to be thrown away yet. 50p instore. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    They won’t go to waste (bad pun not intended). We’ll just use them for weed cover mats or something. I think you’re right @EricTheWeary about the black colour bamboozling the recycling machinery, heard something similar before. 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    VimFuego said:
    you can get heavy duty bin bags. They're also rubbish, but if you double them up they're OK.

Yes - they're rubbish bags...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    Danny1969 said:

I had this problem. Bagged the body and put it out for the binmen.Binman picked it up the arse fell out of it. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I bought a picture disc of forever Free by W.A.S.P in 89 as I walked out the store it fell straight through the bottom of the thin carrier they put it in and cracked . I should have gone in and demanded an exchange as their bag was at fault , but I used to get flustered at checkouts at the time 
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    I bought a picture disc of forever Free by W.A.S.P in 89 as I walked out the store it fell straight through the bottom of the thin carrier they put it in and cracked . I should have gone in and demanded an exchange as their bag was at fault , but I used to get flustered at checkouts at the time 
    that is sad and funny at the same time :o

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom