Which one to part with?

What's Hot
There have been a few expensive guitar related purchases recently and something should probably make way to maintain a harmonious home life in lockdown.

The problem is, I like them all for different reasons and there are pros and cons for each.

Candidate 1:
Original run Gibson ES339 - I sold it once, bought it back again a few years ago - quite serendipitously - as I couldn’t find another Gibson as good.

Currently loaded with some Oil City Masterwound Beano’s and probably the easiest to sell of the three.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpC5tZ3lXYB/?igshid=opnr2pvklph8

Candidate 2:
A Lag Jet Master 3000. A premium guitar from an unfashionable brand, supreme craftsmanship and has outlasted the Anderson’s, Suhr’s, Eggle’s. Mahogany body, flamed maple drop top, one piece maple neck, ebony board with ebony binding and direct mounted DiMarzios.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1rL9C2H7Nk/?igshid=8kl4tc80wj22

Candidate 3:
A Rocketfire relic tele. Seems to be a largely unknown brand in the UK. Early run from Nick Sorenson, 2009 model with a beautifully worn in neck, alder body and set of Lollars.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvHjqDcnB75/?igshid=13da1pat1p3cn

Thoughts?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sounds like you’d regret selling the 339 the most, so probably not that one!

Those rocketfire teles are meant to be superb, and in that spec it should have a pretty broad appeal to buyers.

The Lag’s tricky as they’re much more marmite than the other two - I suspect you’d get the least £ back for it, and might have to sell it for less than it’s worth to you.

Toss a coin on the last two, or put both up for sale and let the market decide.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8677
    Do you need the money? Do you need the space?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14404
    Which would be the easiest to replace? 

Given Gibson's notoriously variable QA, I would keep the 339.

I agree with those who say that the LAG would never recoup your original outlay.

That leaves the T-type. Unless it has some unique fingerboard radius and fretwire combination goin' on, it should be the easiest to shift and replace.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28284
    Well I can't comment for anyone but myself but I like the LAG best, then the tele.
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1946
    Is the red les paul a Feline, Alex? Sounds awesome :)
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8786
    The 339 is horrid. I’d sell it rapidly. Cheaply :naughty: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Schnozz said:
    Yep. Long time number 1, Lion Supreme.

https://youtu.be/qOEBuht8ONI

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1946
    Schnozz said:
    Yep. Long time number 1, Lion Supreme.

https://youtu.be/qOEBuht8ONI

Not seen that one before - Looks 'badass' as they would say on Cobra Kai.

Rocketfire are as good as Bravewood in my opinion, but with proprietary pickups. I think Treewig and Cloud9/nine have had the S-type on here. Even I who hates Teles would play that.
  • RedFalconRedFalcon Frets: 171
    Out of the 3 - the Gibson is the keeper. Finding another one you like has already been proven to you as a challenge. 

I’m not blown away by the tele. Probably that’s the one I’d look to move out. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9653
    Keep the Gibson.

Coin toss out of the remaining two. If you find yourself hoping the coin lands a certain way then there's your answer.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • No question tele goes
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72204

Given Gibson's notoriously variable QA, I would keep the 339.

I agree with those who say that the LAG would never recoup your original outlay.

That leaves the T-type. Unless it has some unique fingerboard radius and fretwire combination goin' on, it should be the easiest to shift and replace.
    This.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7005
    tFB Trader
    Great playing by the way
  • Keep the Gibson. You've proved it can't be replaced once before.
  • I'd sell the gibson. Its basically a les paul and you have said your number 1 is a les paul
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.