I've had an idea. Let's make a Fretboard guitar .....

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
Let's make a Fretboard guitar. Dirt cheap and not very good, but assembled from parts that look shiny and good to the uninitiated (eg our wives!).

When someone get's pressured from Her indoors to thin the collection, we send the guitar to their place of work. They smuggle it home under cover of darkness and leave it out of the way in the house somewhere. 

They then tell the wife that they are going to flog one of the collection - maybe to pave the way to an incoming guitar - and make a spectacle of sending it back!

What could go wrong ....
6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3617
    Well, we’re such a bunch of perfectionists that we’d end up with something so nice we wouldn’t want to sell it. 

Plus a lot of us are working from home which also happens to be our wife’s workplace. 

Finally can you really see getting consensus on whether it should be a Telecaster, Strat, Les Paul or Tele? :lol: 

Apart from I don’t see any flaws :) 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5596
    axisus said:
    Let's make a Fretboard guitar. Dirt cheap and not very good, but assembled from parts that look shiny and good to the uninitiated (eg our wives!).

When someone get's pressured from Her indoors to thin the collection, we send the guitar to their place of work. They smuggle it home under cover of darkness and leave it out of the way in the house somewhere. 

They then tell the wife that they are going to flog one of the collection - maybe to pave the way to an incoming guitar - and make a spectacle of sending it back!

What could go wrong ....
    Genius!

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1286
    drofluf said:
    Plus a lot of us are working from home which also happens to be our wife’s workplace.  
    This alone has scuppered a lot of my GASsing over the last 9 months.  Anything arriving that's larger than a guitar pedal arouses suspicion.  It's for the best really.
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5596
    I am quite lucky in that my wife actually will sit with me as I scroll through eBay and Reverb looking at guitars with intent. 

She doesn’t really mind me acquiring new stuff so long as I don’t go mad and has never complained when a new guitar/amp suddenly appears. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2216
    axisus said:

What could go wrong ....
    All you need is a new wife.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31369
    Damn, I was envisaging a Johnny Cash, one piece at a time type thing, where we all chip in totally unrelated parts from our stash to build a monstrosity. 

Not unlike my usual guitars in fact. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    My wife is still wondering how 15 'presents for her' arrived in December but she only had 8 under the tree....
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    Will the project also include the provision of wives for single forumites? 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4947
    If the project turns out to be a Les Paul shaped guitar, I have all the pots and switch from my Epi LP that was upgraded by parts supplied by @sixstringsupplies.  These are available FOC for this project if needed.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6838
    There are another two options here.

As a young single and carefree man (dashingly good looking as well by the way), I offer this: 

Option 1: 
    Send your guitars to me. 
    I will keep them safe in my room of rock where you can rotate them in and out at your leisure and come up with whatever story you like to the wife to cover for it.

The upside is you own all your guitars and I get to play with them.

Option 2: 
    Send your wives to me. 
    I will keep them safe in my room of rock where you can rotate them in and out at your leisure. 

The upside is they are not my wives and I get to play with them. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    Forget Option 1. If you can wait until after lockdown, I'll have a think about Option 2, but I would insist on paying you.
    Call me Dave.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Hattigol said:
    My wife is still wondering how 15 'presents for her' arrived in December but she only had 8 under the tree....
    Tell her you are having an affair and they were for your main wife, then she’ll never know what you’ve bought
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3136
    Mine can spot a new pedal on the pedal board, I won’t stand a chance with a guitar that she’s never seen before. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @skunkwerx whats your address please. I’ve told my wife to go and pack. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    @skunkwerx you do realise that both guitars and wives may not have been set up according to your preferences.

I'm not sure how people will react if you carry out modifications to their most precious and valued possessions.

Or their wives. 
  • Haych said:
    I am quite lucky in that my wife actually will sit with me as I scroll through eBay and Reverb looking at guitars with intent. 

She doesn’t really mind me acquiring new stuff so long as I don’t go mad and has never complained when a new guitar/amp suddenly appears. 
    Hate to break it to you but it’s very possible that your wife is just a figment of your imagination. Did you and her also establish Fight Club together? 
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    edited January 2021
    I have a set of 3 a side tuners somewhere from my esp acoustic I can chip , possible an old set of Epiphone humbuckers 

and an other half who can be patient but draws the line at 6 electrics :-) 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    I have a set of 3 a side tuners somewhere from my esp acoustic I can chip , possible an old set of Epiphone humbuckers 

and an other half who can be patient but draws the line at 6 electrics :-) 
    Just 6? Boy am I lucky .......

scrumhalf said:
    @skunkwerx you do realise that both guitars and wives may not have been set up according to your preferences.

I'm not sure how people will react if you carry out modifications to their most precious and valued possessions.

Or their wives. 
    If mine came back with the action enhanced I’d not be complaining :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6838
    scrumhalf said:

Or their wives. 
    Haha, only very tasteful adjustments will be made. 

By the time I’m done with them they’ll be playing great.
    Ahem.. The guitars.. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...