Amp foot switch conundrum??? SORTED!

rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 833
edited February 2021 in Amps
Ok so I bagged an amp recently and the shop failed to supply the foot-switch foot switch r it. So to cut a long story short if it doesn’t turn up I’ll be pissed off! I have a Marshall double foot switch with LED’s - here’s the problem- it works fine but the LED’s turn off when the amp channel changes. It works perfectly but arse about face! Pedal is on when it’s supposed to be off and is off when it’s supposed to be on!!!! How can I change it? It’s wired like a stock pedal?
Any of you Amp Gurus shed some light on this? I’ve spent a few hours twatting  about with it but to no avail! HELP somebody please it’s doing my head in!!!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    Difficult to fix that. If I remember rightly the LEDs are in series with the switch on these. The way to make them work the other way round would be to put them in parallel with the switch instead, but then they'll pull enough current to activate the switching all the time, so they will need a resistor in series - you'll need to experiment with the value to find the lowest that doesn't falsely operate the switching, and hope the LED is then bright enough...

This was a problem with the early Mesa switching too, they got around it by just printing "RED=RHYTHM" in big letters on the switch, but I always found it a pain.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Ha ha! Thanks! I may just have to just lump it then!
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9657
    I had an Orange Crush Pro that did the same (with the recommended Orange footswitch) - LED on for the clean channel, and off for the drive channel. Just had to live with it. Someone here did explain why it was that way round but I can't remember now.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • Sorted!
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Sorted!
    Well then ?  What was the amp and how did you sort it?
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 833
    edited February 2021
    John_A said:
    Sorted!
    Well then ?  What was the amp and how did you sort it?
    I bought the CAA PT-100 from GuitarGuitar. They lost the foot switch! To cut a very long story short, they sorted out another foot switch for me which works a treat! (Long story involved returning said amp so they could find something that would work) unfortunately first foot switch solution got squashed by amp on return so another had to be sent - didn’t tell me it was on a return basis blah blah- eventually got it delivered! Can’t complain about their service though they were brilliant! Happy days! Ive had 2 CAA PT100s and a Suhr PT-100 too but didn’t like that so much!
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Sorry I asked :)
  • :)