Quick Macbook question

What's Hot
LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
Hi All, I have a oldish MacBook Pro from c. 2015, the model is A1502. I recently upgraded to the latest operating system, which went fine, but I think it might have slowed the performance down a little, but TBH, I've hardly used it since the upgrade so I could be mistaken and it may have been finishing the installation. 

As the kids are home schooling I was going to wipe it and reinstall from scratch so they can use it. If I do this, what OS would be best to install? I'm not a big mac user, so forgive me if the answer is obvious. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    Mojave is a good choice for older and newer software. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    Thanks Danny, I'll try that. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    I hate updating systems. Never do it unless my hand is forced. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    axisus said:
    I hate updating systems. Never do it unless my hand is forced. 
    I do it once a year.
    It is a faff, but it can be streamlined with a bit of planning.
    Danny1969 said:
    Mojave is a good choice for older and newer software. 
    Agree.
  • Lodious said:
    I'm not a big mac user
    More of a KFC guy?

I have the exact same Macbook and I left it on Mojave. Works fine currently. I am quite conservative about upgrading until security updates stop coming.

I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Another vote for never upgrading unless you have to.
  • Leave it on for a while, it’s probably re indexing the drive. Mines a 2013 and runs as perfectly as it ever had on Big Sur.
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    Thanks guys, I used it a little today, and it was running ok, so I might leave it a week and see how it goes before downgrading. 
  • It should honestly be fine. Once a year I run Onyx but the way OSX runs there’s probably no need to. I’d always recommend updating as soon as possible for security anyway.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10103
    Lodious said:
    Hi All, I have a oldish MacBook Pro from c. 2015, the model is A1502. I recently upgraded to the latest operating system, which went fine, but I think it might have slowed the performance down a little, but TBH, I've hardly used it since the upgrade so I could be mistaken and it may have been finishing the installation. 

As the kids are home schooling I was going to wipe it and reinstall from scratch so they can use it. If I do this, what OS would be best to install? I'm not a big mac user, so forgive me if the answer is obvious. 
    I have this model. Mine's absolutely fine. I can't see myself upgrading until a couple of years.