NHS, a&e and a dog!!!!

What's Hot
poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
So last night, about 8pm, was pissballing around with the dog when the little fur ball caught me in the eye with a claw... instant white hot pain!...

rinsed the eye as best I could and carried on as normal...

could I get to sleep? Nope, not a chance... my eye was leaking tears like you would not believe, my nose (only one nostril) was pissing fluid also...

By 4.30am I was on the phone to 111 to see what they suggested... didn’t really want to go to a&e in the current situation... but yep, an hour later and I’m walking half blind round to the hospital (5 min walk)... dreading a massive wait...

No bugger in there!!!! Apart from myself and two nurses... turns out that 6am on a Sunday morning is normally “quiet time” coupled with the fact that as the pubs are shut there’s less “accidents” (also suspect folk are staying away for less serious stuff)...

saw the doctor... I haz a small hole in my lens and a few small scratches...

Eye drops/gel, eye patch and a referral to the eye clinic next week!... was back home by 7.15!!!!

top work, our nhs is fuggin brilliant!... even if I’d had to wait hours I’d still be singing their praises this morning!...

moral of the story?

don’t get a dog!...

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Hope you heal up okay. 
    When I was about twelve our dog caught me on the hand jumping up for his ball, I remember going to A&E for a patch up and a tetanus ( which made my leg go numb). 

Having been in two hospitals in recent weeks on a Saturday night and a Saturday evening ( yesterday to get my jab) they’ve both been incredibly quiet. Perhaps just very few members of the public around. 
    The first one was New Cross in Wolverhampton, my memories of being there on a Saturday night before was that it was like a war zone including several people handcuffed to police officers and prisoners from HMP Featherstone. On the night of Saturday 2/1/2021 not a single person in the waiting area at A&E. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3614
    Get well soon! 

Our NHS is great; one Christmas Day I had to take my mother there first thing and had a very similar experience. 
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Ouch! Hope you're feeling better soon.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    Yeah - never liked dogs - and now feel thoroughly vindicated....

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.
  • Have had worse injury from my son compared to the dog.

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    Glad you're feeling OK. Also hoping that your dog isn't too emotionally scarred by the experience - you just have to get out of the way quicker. ;)

Dogs are ace.
    Call me Dave.
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7472
    edited January 2021
    Dogs are worth it!

Love them 
  • I should probably add, glad you're okay and best of luck with recovery. 
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2356
    People are staying away with serious stuff never mind more minor things, there's significantly fewer attendances with heart attack and stroke at the moment than there should be, and it's not because people aren't having heart attacks and strokes, they're having them and staying at home instead of getting the emergency treatment they need
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • strtdv said:
    People are staying away with serious stuff never mind more minor things, there's significantly fewer attendances with heart attack and stroke at the moment than there should be, and it's not because people aren't having heart attacks and strokes, they're having them and staying at home instead of getting the emergency treatment they need
    Despite the fact that the NHS has run adverts since the firs5 lockdown telling people it’s business as usual for potential life threatening stuff.
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3261
    tFB Trader
    Should've got a sausage dog, much more user friendly  =)

Now you can learn the captain pugwash theme tune 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3614
    strtdv said:
    Despite the fact that the NHS has run adverts since the firs5 lockdown telling people it’s business as usual for potential life threatening stuff.
    Given the number of people I saw today ignoring the well publicised rules to only meet one other person outside it’s hardly surprising that the business as usual messages are also being ignored. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16012
    I separated 2 of my dogs who were having a little scrap ; One just nicked me by accident on the thumb...no big deal .It was a tiny gut that just broke the skin not even a proper bite and it headed within a week.
    3months later I spent 3 weeks in hospital while they battled not to amputate my hand .
    I had got an infection  deep in the tissue that gave me osteomylitus (infection of the bone marrow ) .
    I had 2 operations including a bone graft and was on IV antibiotics for 3 weeks followed by oral for 2 weeks .
    You'd have thought I was bitten by a Komodo Dragon.
    Dogs carry a lot of nasty bacteria on their teeth and claws.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    So 24 hours after the incident...

At least the swelling is going down!!!!!
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    Eek. I have a horror of eye damage, partly due to squeamish tendencies, but more down to only having one that does any work. Hope you heal up quickly, and it is a healable thing. 
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Good luck with the healing mate. You’ve still got to love your pooch.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
    Sorry to hear about your accident.  However, dogs are the best creatures ever.  Last night, Pugsley came upstairs whilst I was in my 'music room', stared at me for a moment, then went into the bedroom and settled down on the duvet.  A couple of minutes pass then his head appears around the corner of the bedroom door, giving me a right glare, followed by an indignant loud YIP.  I had been summoned to bed.  It was getting late so I started to shut the pc off etc..   YIP!!

I did as I was told and went to bed.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom