Tele Thinline Body undrilled?

Just a quick question, does anybody know if I can buy a (relatively) cheap Thinline body which isn't drilled for pickups etc? A bit like the black bodys that guitarbuild.co.uk sell but in a chambered Thinline style? I'm thinking of fitting a piezo bridge (maybe a tunomatic style with though body strings) just to see if i can. 
 I'd rather it wasnt too expensive as, if it doesn't work/is shite then I won't be too upset.
ta
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    Guitarbuild has a "specify your own" Custom Order section. It might be worth entering into a dialogue with them to confirm that you know what you are asking of them. 

Strings through body and a hardtail Stratocaster type bridge will make for simpler neck pitch geometry than a Gibson-style bridge and tailpiece combination.

A pre-owned Fishman Powerbridge might be a good bet for what you are trying to do. The full-on buffered system will be seriously expensive.

Professional quality acoustic guitar transducer systems mounted in the hollow chambers are unlikely to sound good.

Perhaps, some of this forum's Godin enthusiasts can explain how the Multiac models generate their "acoustic" sounds?

Be seeing you.
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2335
    tFB Trader
    I might be able to help you with this I’m certain somewhere in my wood store I have a thin line swamp ash body that has only the net pocket routed, I shall have a look later today.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• spev11spev11 Frets: 300
    cheers both, its an idea in my head that I cant get rid of, worst that will happen is that i hate it and route out the pickup cavities and build it as a standard thinline. Have to scratch the itch though, theres only so many pedals I can build before I have a house full of overdrives,fuzzs and distortions :)
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2335
    tFB Trader
    Sorry the body I thought was not routed is fully routed. I could most likely make you one for around about £100 if you don’t want ultra quality wood.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• spev11spev11 Frets: 300
    Cheers both, ive sent you a message GSP re the standard quality thinline ta