SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Cubase 11 Pro

What's Hot
theimageofalltheimageofall Frets: 123
edited February 2021 in Studio & Rec £
Hi everyone.

I’m a Logic person so not making the most of Cubase Pro and looking to move it on.

I have a boxed Cubase 9 Pro, which I have upgraded to version 11 Pro and includes the eLicenser USB key fob.

UK based and will post the boxed edition with the eLicenser to UK only.

Crossgrade price is £310 on Steinberg’s site so I was looking for £220 delivered in the UK.

Thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JonPJonP Frets: 48
    Hi,

I am interested in this. Can you confirm that if In download and install Cubase 11 Pro it will "just work" with the eLicencer key? I already have Cubase 11 Elements.

Thanks

Jon
  • theimageofalltheimageofall Frets: 123
    edited January 2021
    Hi there.

Yes, should be the same as a new version.
    I followed the Cubase re-sale wizard on their site and upon completion it says:

"As soon as the deletion has been completed the program can be sold as unregistered software. The re-registration can be made by the new owner and does not differ from the registration of newly purchased Steinberg software."

Thanks
  • JonPJonP Frets: 48
    Thanks for this. Will the USB key know that Cubasis 11 is licenced and not the boxed Cuba’s 9.
  • I’ve never sold Cubase before, but reading the following on the Steinberg forums suggests that once you register the e-licencer  to your account, you should be able to access the registration and download the software.

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/help-buying-used-cubase-pro-10/128883/3

• BodBod Frets: 1299
    edited January 2021
    I sold my copy last year.   The dongle is the licence.

The seller keeps the licence registered in their account until the buyer receives the dongle containing the licence.  After that, the seller unregisters and the buyer can then register it to their account.

If you unregister and the dongle gets lost in the post then it's game over.
  • Bod said:

The seller keeps the licence registered in their account until the buyer receives the dongle containing the licence.  After that, the seller unregisters and the buyer can then register it to their account.

Thanks for that - very helpful.
  • Bod said:

This thread on Steinberg Forum supports what you are saying Bod.

I have just re-registered the license to my account and it is for Cubase 9 Pro and 11 Pro. Once the dongle is received by the purchaser, I will un-register and the new user can register it at their end.

Thanks.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1299
    Good work - losing the licence is a scary thought. 

The same goes for reclaiming your licence in the event of dongle failure - if it's unregistered then it's unrecoverable.
  • theimageofalltheimageofall Frets: 123
    edited January 2021
    Bump - price reduction.
  • Bump
  • Bump