SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD- Martin 00028 Re Imagined with LRBaggs Anthem - Now for Sale

What's Hot
SammySammy Frets: 129
edited March 2021 in Acoustics £
Martin 00028 Re Imagined with an LRBaggs Anthem, which I had fitted by Guitar Village when I bought it from them early previous year.

It took me over a year of looking for an OM style, before I purchased this particular guitar as I wanted to try and find the best OM acoustic I could find within my price range, plus this has been the only acoustic guitar I have ever managed to play with ease using 012's and have actually kept them on rather than dropping down to my normal 011's or even 010's!
Guitar Village was the first point of my quest, as they are probably one of the best shops for quality acoustics, but couldn't find anything that really suited, so it was just over a year later, after many visits elsewhere, I returned to see what new ones they had in and found this! Once I had it in my hands nothing else compared to the sound and playability of this one, they actually had two of these models in at this time and they were like chalk and cheese. I even got one of the main guys to come up and compare the two and he was quite surprised at how they were so different as he hadn't played either. He agreed that the one I liked sounded amazing and that sometimes you do get a one off, as Martin builds are usually pretty standard quality in whatever model you select, albeit everyone will sound slightly different, but not that much. He actually got down a couple of chained up Martins costing over £5,000 just to compare and we both agreed, this one sounded better than both of them. I therefore asked him to keep it for me until the following week as I wanted my son, who is a far better player than me and is also a good classical fingerpicker, to come and try it first. The following week it took my son only about 20 minutes, to advise me to buy it, which I did and also bought the Anthem at the same time, which they fitted   and set up with a new set of strings, so I collected it a few days later. 

All I can say this is truley the best acoustic guitar I have ever owned and I have owned quite a few over the many years, such as Collins, Sergi de Jonge, Patrick Eggle, Furch, Martin's etc, the first four all being sold on here and the buyers being 110% happy with their purchase.Which you can check out from my posts including boutique combos etc.

To be perfectly honest, I hadn't actually even thought of selling it, but  it started to make me think that it has been sitting in it's case hardly used since buying it plus due to the Covid, as I have been concentracting on other things and when I have been playing I have nearly always been playing my electrics, plus using a semi which I have bought on here during this time and another new amp.
I have parted over the years, with some lovely acoustic guitars including a handbuilt one from R. Aylward who now lives in Scotland but with Covid, as stated above, but even though I now have much more time, I am still just playing my electrics and after all these many years have finally realised, I don't really need an expensive acoustic guitar, just a reasonable quality one, for when I want a change! 

Therefore I am putting out a feeler now, due to COVID and the current retrictions, to see if anyone is genuinely interested as I won't ship an acoustic guitar, as apart from the shipping process and damage that could be caused in transit, you need to try an acoustic out before purchasing. So obviously this will have to take place, if you are interested, when such retrictions have been lifted.

The reason I am posting this now, is that if there is no interest on this forum, I will not be posting elsewhere, such as ebay which I don't use anymore for obvious reasons and will in all purposes give it to my son, as apart from a lovely classical and really good electric, he only has a cheapish accoustic guitar, which he does play regularly, unlike me!

The guitar is in as new condition when purchased and has only been played at home probably about a dozen times. Apart from sound and playability it also looks stunning as the rosewood on this one was nicer than the other one in Guitar Village and also two others of the same model that I had tried in other shops, when trying various guitars out.

I am asking £2,750 which includes the LRBaggs Anthem. This is a considerable saving on a guitar virtually unplayed, but also that, you would be hard pressed to find another model which sounds like this! As per my other sales of items on here, once you have played and tried it, I am almost 99% you will want it! 

So if your genuinely interested and willing to wait until COVID rules are relaxed so you can come and try it with no obligation, you can message me and also ask any further questions. Thanks

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Beautiful guitar, but sadly out of my price range. The re-imagined stuff are really good, Dare I say some of the best Martin have produced in 70 years
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikewmikew Frets: 16
    I think you should give it to your son anyway! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SammySammy Frets: 129
    Beautiful guitar, but sadly out of my price range. The re-imagined stuff are really good, Dare I say some of the best Martin have produced in 70 years

Thanks DJ I agree, besides other makes, I have tried quite a few Martins out over the years and the re-Imagined's have been some of the best sounding Martins I have heard and IMO do not have that really stiffness to them that many Martins seem to have. This particular guitar just stood out soundwise from all the other Guitars I have been trying and is very similar to a 1970 0018 Martin which I bought for about £700 from the back of a boot in Lakeside car park many many years ago after seeing the ad in Exchange and Mart. (None of you youngens will have no idea what the E&M was!  =) It was the only acoustic I really regret selling and only sold it as our band used to rehearse in those days in a bedroom, so could only play acoustics and the Martin wasn't very loud compared to the others, but what a sweet sound it had and it played like a dream. This re imagined has that same sweet sound, along with the same ease of playing, albeit with much fuller louder sound. If I played an acoustic more reguarly there is absolutely no way I would be looking to sell this, but I am not a person to keep a guitar, let alone a quality acoustic if it is not being used, as in IMO, a guitar is to be played not just to be looked at!
  • DanielJuniorDanielJunior Frets: 8
    edited February 2021
    Completely agree with Sammy. Often I would walk into guitar shops and playing Martins, never to be impressed by the stiff sound of them. Over the years things changed, baking the soundboard would become a thing (although not everyone does them well IMHO). Builders like Atkin for example really upped the game in that regard, if you like the tone and feel of vintage acoustics. The new Martin reimagined Standards come out of the box like they had been played. Very open sounding with a sweet midrange that would move your abs while retaining the crystal highs that most vintage acoustics lose over the years.
    I am lucky to have acquired a nice collection of pre-war/war era Martins and Gibsons, and the Reimagined comes pretty close to them without busting the bank.
    Yet my Yamaha FS830 defeats them all at £380. And I wish I was joking.
  • DavidRDavidR Frets: 740
    Agree with Re-imagined comments. I have 0M28 Re-imagined and it's a great guitar. This is a good price. Re-imagined spec is now Martin's 'Standard' spec. Latest 'Modern Deluxe' spec significantly more expensive new. e.g. 00028 Modern Deluxe currently retailing for £4395! 

Strangely enough DanielJunior my go-to guitar is Yamaha too! (FG5). The two sit together and I usually reach for the Yamaha. Except when recording when the 0M28 has the edge. The gain on my recording setup listens to the Base on the Yamaha (which is a dread of course) and Iose the midrange a little. The 0M28 is much more balanced.
  • Agreed, if I'm close-mic'ing a guitar I prefer a smaller bodied guitar like an OM. As you say it just sounds more balanced.
    If I'm using the guitar in a room setting with ambience mics, I prefer dreadnaughts, or my favourite '36 Advanced Jumbo. Especially in a bluegrass setting.

Over the years I've lost the vintage snob in me, and I am more open to newer guitars. I personally don't like going too posh; Lowden for example, despite being wonderful guitars they just sound too High Definition for my liking.
    There are some fantastic guitars out there, Japanese, American, and British - Alister Atkin does some of the best vintage reproductions, although I wish they got the colours right!
    There's never been a time to be a guitar player.
  • Beautiful. I like a dread, but these are nicer around the house.
    Have already had some definate interest in the guitar, but at present all from up North. Therefore with the recent anouncements, they still can't currently view/try as no one is allowed to travel outside their area until probably Mid April or later, depending on varients etc!
    Though I am in no rush to sell, as it's not being used, I would prefer to move it on rather than just leaving it in its case, plus then I can also look for a reasonable quality cheaper OM/000 type smaller bodied acoustic, which will satisfy my accoustic needs, when not playing my electrics!
    So, as from 8th March you can meet one person outside for a coffee, chat etc, it would be possible for someone who is not too far away to come and try it!
    Therefore anyone interested please PM me. You defiantely won't be disappointed :)
    Thanks
    Now for sale from tomorrow if someone can meet locally! :)
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    Sammy said:
    Now for sale from tomorrow if someone can meet locally! :)
    Please remember that the first legal date for non-essential travel in England is Monday 29th March.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    Now in the hands of another very nice Fretboarder, who will make more good use of it than me!  :3