SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: McNaught Vintage Doublecut

What's Hot
danny_777danny_777 Frets: 660
edited February 2021 in Guitars £
Another batch of guitars up for the cull. I'm still aiming to get down to 12 before April!

The only trades I would be interested in are a Kemper, or a Fender CS Nocaster.

1. David Thomas McNaught Vintage Doublecut

I'm in two minds about selling this one. It's as well built as the above PRS, if not better, and is a hell of a player. My reason for putting it out there is that I just can't "do" P90s, to my dismay. If this sells I will buy or commission another with humbuckers.

Spectacular, world-class woods and superb construction all over this guitar, it really is outrageously beautiful.

The covers have been replaced with ebony covers - the cream originals are in the case.

- 5A Flame maple top
- Black limba body/neck
- Macassar ebony fretboard
- Flamed maple binding
- Tone pros bridge
- Lollar P90s
- 24.75" scale length
- 6105 frets

£2,750 2,400

2. Anthony Ryder SG SOLD 

Next up is a very special one-off by Anthony Ryder, who in my opinion is one of the UKs best builders of Gibson-style guitars. In the vein of Yaron, Barlett, etc, he builds very vintage-accurate LPs from super top-grade woods (often from the relevant years). His builds these days are around £4k, and are worth every penny. My #1 guitar is a Ryder LP (which I bought from Sweepy), and knocked a high-end R9 I had into a cocked hat. It's the only guitar out of the 150+ I've owned that I will never sell.

On that basis I've hunted down two more Ryders, one LP (bought from a fellow fan) and this one (bought from Anthony himself). This particular guitar was Anthony's 2020 lockdown project - as I understand it he borrowed a 1961 Gibson SG from a friend, set out to get as close as he could, and built this!

I'm selling this one as I find that I prefer Les Pauls to SGs, and have to cut down numbers for a pending relocation.

It's an amazingly resonant guitar - feel free to drop Anthony a line via his Facebook page and he'll tell you all about it! Knocks Gibson's Custom Shop SGs out the park.

Specs are as follows:

- One-piece 50+ year-old mahogany body (interesting story - the wood was orginally imported for a prominent politician's yacht in the 70s, before construction switched to aluminium and it was put in storage). 

- Same wood for the neck, the profile of which is quite full and rounded - very late 50s/early 60s Gibson. Not as a big as an R8 or similar, but not far off. It's very comfortable.

- Old-growth Madagascan rosewood fretboard.

- Holly headstock overlay.

- Pickups are made by Anthony's brother based on 60s Gibsons, and are bloody excellent - very dynamic, articulate and sweet sounding.

£1650 posted. SOLD

3. Parker Fly Deluxe (2005) SOLD

This is one of the “refined” models, which look a little sleeker in person due to the revised knobs and hidden tension wheel (which on previous models poked through the body).

All the electronic work perfectly (the piezos sound brilliant), and it plays great, with a nice low action. Pickups are splittable with a push/pull, and the piezos can be solo’d, put in a separate out via the Y cable (included), or blended into the magnetic pickups. Lots of sounds to play with!

It’s so light it’s almost weightless, at approximately 4.5lb – I will never fail to be amazed by the incredible design and construction techniques found in these guitars.

It’s in very good condition overall, with a few chips to the paint (which is pretty typical as it’s quite a delicate finish) but nothing untoward.

Comes with the Yamaha hardcase (a common replacement for Parker’s stock softcases, as it fits the guitar perfectly and is much sturdier!), Y cable, and tremolo bar.

£1650 posted. SOLD

4. Parker DF724 SOLD

FInally, my USA Parker Dragonfly DF724, with Seymour Duncans and a one-piece AAAA flamed maple top.

As you know, this is a very different guitar from the old Flys, and feels and sounds much more like a traditional electric, with the satin maple neck and ebony fretboard, and SD pickup (Duncan Custom 5 humbucker / Custom Flat single coils). You’ve also got the whole array of “stratty” singlecoil tones available, given the HSS layout, as well as all the possibilities opened up by adding/blending in the Ghost piezo system.

It has the familiar Parker contours to the back of the body, so this is super sleek and super light, but without the upper horn to stab you in the sternum (which was the reason I sold all my Parkers 6 years ago!).

Mint condition, save for a small piece of plastic which has cracked off the backplate due to overtightening of a screw at some point. 

There is a spare replacement plate included in the case, although this will need a bit of a mod to fit the battery box properly, if you want to replace the cracked one (the guitar is fine with it!).

Comes with the Parker hardcase, case candy (i.e. leaflets and tools) and tremolo bar.

£1250 posted SOLD

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 833
    Some great photos - especially that bottom Parker...
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Ugggh that Ryder is lovely, what does it weigh and have you got a link to an album of pics?
  • You have superb taste in superb guitars! 
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • danny_777danny_777 Frets: 660
    Parker Fly Deluxe sold.
    Ryder on hold pending funds.
    You have superb taste in superb guitars! 
    Thanks mate!
    edited January 2021
    photek said:
    Ugggh that Ryder is lovely, what does it weigh and have you got a link to an album of pics?

Looks like it's spoken for I'm afraid, but here's a couple more! Anthony does incredible work and I'd take one of his over a Gibson Custom Shop ANY day (and I've owned a few of those). Most importantly, he's a total wood geek and will drive the length of the country to get the right piece for a guitar. 

His builds are incredible value for money. If you even vaguely fancy one I'd encourage you to get in touch with him.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 451
    Aw man, that Ryder!!
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    I can heartily endorse Anthony’s guitars, proper full on tone machines 
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3138
    tFB Trader
    That Ryder is far too cheap!

I remember seeing the unfinished guitar in his workshop and almost putting a deposit down there and then. Such a great guitar.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540

I would endorse the comments above regarding Ant Ryder's guitars and knowledge about wood. I have one of his LP's (also with his brother's pickups), and it too has mahogany from the same politicians yacht. Lovely chap, lovely guitars,

Adam

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8792
    I wanna know who the politician was?!  £10 says Dennis Skinner.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Kalimna said:

I would endorse the comments above regarding Ant Ryder's guitars and knowledge about wood. I have one of his LP's (also with his brother's pickups), and it too has mahogany from the same politicians yacht. Lovely chap, lovely guitars,

Adam

Send me some pics! There's not many of us owners out there haha!
    JerkMoans said:
    Ted Heath!
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8792
    danny_777 said:
    JerkMoans said:
    Ted Heath!
    Ewwww...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh my... That Fly is very very tempting. How would you describe the neck profile on it please? Cheers!
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    danny_777 said:
    Kalimna said:

Adam

Send me some pics! There's not many of us owners out there haha!

It's not for sale! :) However, I don't think I've ever got around to doing a NGD post, but I'll get some photo's uploaded tonight. Faded cherry sunburst, with a maple top I had picked out from David Dykes originally for a home build that I never got around to starting.

Chunky rounded neck, Madagascan rosewood fb, originally OX4 Slash pickups - replaced with his brother's PAF's (so I have a spare OX4 set for another guitar sometime), no idea of weight as it ddoesn't interest me :)

Apologies for de-railing the thread slightly. If I had spare cash, I would be PM'ing about the SG too.

Adam

edited January 2021
    Ryder is sold to Bloomer, who was at the front of a massive queue of people! Speaks volumes about the quality of Anthony's builds.

I'm sure I'll regret this one.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2408
    Jesus H. Christ on a bike. What a selection of guitars. Proper centrefolds they are.