SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Zvex Lo-Fi Junky

What's Hot
Jeddy3Jeddy3 Frets: 80
edited April 2023 in FX £
Hi. Currently looking for another Lo-Fi junky if there’s any going spare? Would consider other pedals that can achieve similar results but I really like the squashy compression on the junky.

Cheers 

Dan
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6078
    I wish ZVEX would bring out a straight compressor using that circuit. With the control fully CCW it gives a beautifully spanky, compressed sound. As soon as you bring in some vibrato though, the comp effect is immediately reduced. I want max comp plus vibrato (please). Good luck with your search.
  • This thing Joe's Pedals just got in looks kinda neat:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jeddy3Jeddy3 Frets: 80
    JezWynd said:
    I wish ZVEX would bring out a straight compressor using that circuit. With the control fully CCW it gives a beautifully spanky, compressed sound. As soon as you bring in some vibrato though, the comp effect is immediately reduced. I want max comp plus vibrato (please). Good luck with your search.
    Yes I’m surprised they don’t do a stand alone compressor. I stupidly thought at one point I could get away with a compressor and a chorus pedal to achieve the same thing but it’s just not the same. It can be a little noisy I guess but it has a distinct sound. 

Would love to try a Shallow Water but I don’t the effect is as intense and the compression side isn’t really there is it?

This thing Joe's Pedals just got in looks kinda neat:

Cheers @gatheredinsong yes it that does look interesting. I’ll go check it out  ;)
  • joeWjoeW Frets: 463
    Haven’t used a Lofi but I have a Shallow Water and you are right in the sense it’s not really intense, but it’s fantastic.  It’s also pretty quiet - def worth considering. 
    Ah yes I have seen that one. It is very nice but I don’t think I could justify the extra expense for the pretty paint job. Thanks though  :)

joeW said:
    Haven’t used a Lofi but I have a Shallow Water and you are right in the sense it’s not really intense, but it’s fantastic.  It’s also pretty quiet - def worth considering. 
    Cheers @joeW. Yes I would definitely like to try one of those. Very expensive but I guess there’s always somebody after one. Shouldn’t be a hard sell if I don’t get on with it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I found the lo-fi added too much noise so switched over to the Caroline somersault.
  • DanR said:
    I found the lo-fi added too much noise so switched over to the Caroline somersault.
    How similar did you find it? 
    DanR said:
    Cheers. I’m guessing the Caroline doesn’t have the compression of the Junky?
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    No compression like the junky.

The compression side was what I didn’t like as I’m sure that’s what was adding all the noise.

But for the chorus/modulation side the somersault sounded better.
    Bump
    Bump. Looking for one again.
  • Got a lovely Warped Vinyl if that does the trick for you