BingMan said:
    They also have a very nice 1929 000-28

for £20k!
    They’ve had that on the hanger since about 1929
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andy79 said:
    Vintage and rare in Bath has a Huss Dalton 000 12. Nice
    BingMan said:
    Collings do very nice 12 fretters in 00 and 000 size.
    1 13/16 at the nut and 2 5/6 at the bridge. 
    I own a 0002h which is rosewood but they also do them in mahogany. Great guitars, pretty much a do everything guitar. Probably not gonna find one for under £3k used though 

I know Eastman make a version of it too... not sure if they just do rosewood ones though... 

Coda have a lovely bourgeois 12 fretter, hog back and sides in at the moment... pricey, but guaranteed to be brilliant. 

Since Martin discontinued their 00028vs and 0028vs prices seem to be rising too... a couple of years ago you could find them for about £2k but I dunno what they go for these days.

Santa Cruz also do some nice 12 fretters... but they don’t come cheap!

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will check them out. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DavidReesDavidRees Frets: 335
    it's been a while since I played acoustic but have always fancied the idea of a 12 fretter. however most of those available at a less than eye watering price seem to be of the parlour/00 variety and as a big chap, over six foot in height and about 115kg in weight, who likes to play standing up and dislikes playing seated, small guitars just don't feel right. it's a shame that the 12 fret slope shouldered dreads seem to all be in the £3000+ category ...
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 707
    Might be worth chatting to likes of Brook Guitars to see what it might cost to build you something to suit....
  • Benm39 said:
    Might be worth chatting to likes of Brook Guitars to see what it might cost to build you something to suit....
    Yes, that's an idea....
    I just thought there must be an acoustic out there, that l didn't know about with 2 3/8 Bridge string spacing...... Hey ho... 
  • Benm39 said:
    Yes, that's an idea....
    I just thought there must be an acoustic out there, that l didn't know about with 2 3/8 Bridge string spacing...... Hey ho... 
    I also like 2 3/8 string spacing at the bridge, but it is hard to find unless you go for a one off luthier build.
    The only budget guitars that I have ever found with this string spacing are Recording King models.
  • dallcorpdallcorp Frets: 139
    edited February 2021
    Benm39 said:
    Yes, that's an idea....
    I also like 2 3/8 string spacing at the bridge, but it is hard to find unless you go for a one off luthier build.
    The only budget guitars that I have ever found with this string spacing are Recording King models.
    The Gretsch Roots series 00 and 000 are 2 3/8 at the bridge........great budget 12 fretters!
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    TimmyO said:
    Martin 00-17S - outstanding guitars 
    Another vote for the 00-17s

Love mine! My most played guitar, great for sofa noodling, recording and surprisingly keeps up (and some!) in pub sessions. Man I miss the pub...
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1577
    edited February 2021
    Ok if you’re still looking then
    the recent arrival of a Kalamazoo kg11, just back from a neck reset, has got me considering the unthinkable....Trading/selling my 12
    fret Waterloo wlk for another vintage 14
    fretter. 
    Let me know if it’s of any interest. 
  • TDubsTDubs Frets: 707
    Benm39 said:
    I’ve just done this. The guys at Brook were super accommodating and are building something to my exact spec including the nut at 50mm width. I don’t think it’s crazy money for what I’m getting.

Only have at wait 7 months for it!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GTCGTC Frets: 263
    TDubs said:
    Benm39 said:
    I’ve just done this. The guys at Brook were super accommodating and are building something to my exact spec including the nut at 50mm width. I don’t think it’s crazy money for what I’m getting.

Good decision! The time will fly and it will definitely be worth the wait.
  • TDubsTDubs Frets: 707
    edited February 2021
    GTC said:
    TDubs said:
    Benm39 said:

Good decision! The time will fly and it will definitely be worth the wait.
    I feel it is. I may have had some useful advice recently 
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Gandalph said:
    the recent arrival of a Kalamazoo kg11, just back from a neck reset, has got me considering the unthinkable....Trading/selling my 12
    fretter. 
    What are you looking to get ? New interesting thread time...
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1577
    Andy79 said:
    Gandalph said:
    fretter. 
    What are you looking to get ? New interesting thread time...
    Haha yes it may will be new thread time....
    Kalamazoo kg14, Gibson L00, Martin 0(0) 15, 17 all possibilities...I could go on....
    I do need to decide on the destiny of this wlk first though....I need to start adopting a one in one out policy and actually sticking to it this time...
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    Chris_J said:
    TimmyO said:
    Martin 00-17S - outstanding guitars 
    Another vote for the 00-17s

Love mine! My most played guitar, great for sofa noodling, recording and surprisingly keeps up (and some!) in pub sessions. Man I miss the pub...
    Same here, on all fronts.  If I was forced to have just one guitar for the rest of my days, this is the one I'd keep.  
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 707
    Posted in error please delete
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    edited December 2021
    Benm39 said:
    Yes, that's an idea....
    north of £2k ish  -  have a chat with Steve up at Intersound in Dursley - they keep quite a few Brooks in stock, also Simon and Andy sometimes have items for sale at the workshop

EDIT

confused - is @McSwaggerty now @TDubs ?

apols  - didnt see you'd already spoken to them..............  should asked you to pass on my regards    (tho they dont know me as bert !!!    Simon is an old mate and actually taught me art for a year  back in 76 !!)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tomjaxtomjax Frets: 74
    I'm keen for a good quality 0 or 00 size 12 Fretter...... 1 3/4 or 1 13/16 nut width and 2 3/8 string spacing at bridge. Anybody got any suggestions? 

I have a Gibson Keb Mo' for sale, that fits those specs. It has wider finger spacing than a standard L-00 to Keb Mo's preference and a 1 13/16 nut. PM me if you think it might be of interest.  It's near mint.
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    There is decent value to be had in buying something really old provided you stay away from the usual suspects. I have a tiny old Washburn / Lyon & Healy parlour guitar from the 1880s and even factoring in the cost of a new bridge and a neck reset it came in at well under half your budget.