SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED! a Vigier Shawn Lane

What's Hot
EvoEvo Frets: 308
edited September 2021 in Guitars £
Let's try this with an edited and simplified goal.

Please sell me a Vigier Shawn Lane. Master preferred but I'll consider any, and condition not important as long as it's priced appropriately.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EvoEvo Frets: 308
    Edited to fix the Google link...
  • What a looker!
     Still hoping bump...
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    Good luck. I've owned a BFoot and now own a Shawn Lane. The Shawn Lane feels very different from the BFoot (and your Indus) because of the shorter scale and flat board. Bear that in mind,
    I'm pretty sure I'd be OK with the flat radius, I've never gone totally flat but 17in feels more comfortable than 9.5in so I'm hoping that's an indication that flatter=preferred for me.

Plus, I can always grab the Indus if I fancy something a bit curvier ;-)

The retro experts look cool as well, I'm basically just gassing for another Vigier I think. Something to give me a choice as I'm constantly picking up the Indus at the moment!
    Likely the first of a few optimistic bumps...
    Go on, I know you're out there somewhere. You've got that Vigier Shawn Lane and you just can't quite gel with the scale length and the radius, you grew up with passion and warfare playing on a loop and always wanted that jem....well here's your chance! Grab it with both hands!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Be aware that although the Vigier Shawn Lane is great, I have a Vigier Excalibur (not for sale, sorry) that actually had a lower action! :)
  • carlos said:
    Good luck. I've owned a BFoot and now own a Shawn Lane. The Shawn Lane feels very different from the BFoot (and your Indus) because of the shorter scale and flat board. Bear that in mind,
    I still kick myself for not buying that black sparkle Bumblefoot when you had it up for sale!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    andyg_prs said:
    carlos said:
    I still kick myself for not buying that black sparkle Bumblefoot when you had it up for sale!
    It's somewhere in the USA last I heard of it. Great guitar, I wish the Shawn Lane had a floyd like the bfoot.
    andyg_prs said:
    carlos said:
    You and me both!!
    Hopefully somebody starts to take pity on me soon...
  • stanstan Frets: 189
    I`ve got an `Art Rock` Excalibur in mint condition I might let go of. it has the Amber hand wound pickups which are  superb and expensive to buy separately. Colour is mainly red swirl .  this guitar is indistinguishable from new with new Vigier case of course.
    I would want £2,000 plus delivery for it.
    Have you got any pics @stan ;?

Those art rocks vary a hell of a lot and I definitely like some a lot more than others
    @Evo ; Hi, if you look on the `World Guitars` website under Vigier you will find the guitar showing as sold.  the guitar number is 180170 although I don`t think the fotos do it justice. I can take some fotos tomorrow if you`d like.

https://worldguitars.co.uk/collections/vigier/products/vigier-guitars-excalibur-original-rock-art-180170
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That is very tempting, if you fancy a Jem as a part ex then we might be able to sort something out, but other than that 2k is probably slightly out of my budget.

I'll start shopping the jem around to see if anybody is biting

@Evo. ; thanks for the offer but i`m after a headless guitar or cash so I can get one built. i`m in no rush to sell the vigier though. if you get lucky with your sale, do come back to me by all means.  cheers,  Stan.
  • guitarmikguitarmik Frets: 13
    Wildwire have a Shaun lane for 2.5k 
    It's on my radar, bit of a price difference between a used Jem7VWH and a new Shawn Lane though. If nothing turns up then I might have to just bite the bullet, but I'm hoping a used one appears sometime in the next few months
    Another bump with a slight edit.

I'd love to sort a trade, but the Shawn Lane gas is developing to some serious flatulence and the missus is sick of me talking about them. So there's now  a WTB on that front.