Brass band, five guitars and a pint of beer. Lockdown video.

What's Hot
Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1272
edited February 2021 in Plug My Stuff
An old drummer mate of mine runs a contemporary brass band (basically they play all sorts of covers with brass arrangements). He's actually a brass player and writes all the brass arrangements for them too. Anyway, like most bands, no gigs at the moment so he's started putting lockdown videos together and getting so of his old band buddies to guest where appropriate. 

This one features me and a bass playing friend too.....only thing is I decided to use a different guitar for each of the five guitar parts in the arrangement. Also went and grabbed a beer half way through whilst I was videoing and he decided to leave it in the final edit

https://youtu.be/OHCnI8yhf7I
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That's great....love that!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1272
    @markslade07 thanks! Glad you like it! 
  • Really good. I enjoyed that.

It's not a competition.
  • I don't know the original but that was good. 

I was going to ask which one you were, but obv the guy with the beer at the end :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    @stratman3142 thanks! 

@stickyfiddle yes, I didn’t know it either when it was put to me. Yes, all the guitars are me I end up taking up the whole left hand side of the screen, all five of me! 

• I honestly didn't notice all the guitars were the same guy - I was waiting for the one with the beer!! :astonished: 

It's been a looooong week...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I comprehensively love that. Brass sections do it for me. It fondly transports me back to my youthful obsession with US Comedy progs of the 70s for some odd reason. Nice one :)
    I comprehensively love that. Brass sections do it for me. It fondly transports me back to my youthful obsession with US Comedy progs of the 70s for some odd reason. Nice one :)
    Thanks! Glad you like it. Slow reply, somehow only just remembered I’d seen a comment from someone on this the other day. 

Yes, the whole brass band thing is quite subculture all of its own. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom