SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAWN - Beardsell 2D Fundamental

What's Hot
CastroCastro Frets: 512
edited April 2021 in Acoustics £
It is a great all-rounder handling drop D, DADGAD and other tunings with ease. It also maintains its tone when wearing a capo.

It has a very full and open/rich tone with fantastic depth and complexity. The definition and separation are truly remarkable. This is a very intimate and expressive guitar that also responds beautifully to a pick and a bit of digging in.

Don't be fooled by the sound hole design, this is a true fingerstyle guitar not a Jango-style jazz guitar.

• Build year 2016
  • Top - Lutz Spruce with gorgeous grain
  • Back & sides - stunning Curly Mango
  • Neck - Mahogany
  • Fretboard - Rosewood
  • Case - Ameritage hard case made in Costa Rica
  • Frets to the body - 14
  • Scale length - 24.7"
  • Neck profile - C
  • Nut width - 45.8mm
  • Nut spacing - 7.1mm
  • Bridge spacing - 11.4mm
  • Action fret 1 low E - 0.4mm
  • Action fret 12 low E - 2.25mm
  • Action fret 1 high E - 0.25mm
  • Action fret 12 high E - 2.5mm
  • Lower bout width - 15.25"
  • Upper bout width - 11.02"
  • Body depth at base - 4.33"

Lacquer finish - Single soundport - offset tear-drop profile neck - Gold MoP logo - b/w/b/w/b/w black-dyed pear, holly, maple, fibrepurfling - Rosewood bindings - Rosewood, holly , ebony headstock veneer - Rosewood, maple rear headstock veneer - Holly, ebony, maple, black dyed pear backstrip - Holly, ebony, gold MOP side dots - Holly, ebony, black-dyed pear rosette - Rosewood bridge - Gotoh 510 chrome tuners - Chrome tuner buttons - Bone nut and saddle - Titanium bridge pins - Clear pickguard
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Benm39Benm39 Frets: 707
    Another absolutely stunning instrument.  Your collection must be incredible and I can't even begin to imagine what your keepers are like! GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CastroCastro Frets: 512
    Cheers @Benm39.

Believe it or not I am now incredibly happy with my remaining acoustics so this is the last one to go.
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 707
    Even though they're almost always outside of my budget and definitely beyond my playing ability,  your threads are always a source of *happy*, especially in these difficult times.  I'll be gutted and relieved (financially anyway!) in equal measure should your for sale posts dry up :) cheers anyway for brightening up lockdown with your lovely instruments.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Stunning guitar! GLWTS.
    @Moominpapa thank you.
    Don't waste money on Valentine's Day flowers, buy my guitar instead.
    edited March 2021
    £500 price reduction.
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    Have a Wow you have one of the nicest collections around. I missed you selling the Baskin oo a while back as I played that when it was in Tamco I erred you scooped it up and I never saw it for sales as I was away.

will probably regret not jumping for this but saving to get on Mr Bashkins list later this year.

a lovely guitar
    Thanks @Jez6345789 ;

Mr Bashkin makes very fine guitars indeed. They are great sounding, aesthetically stunning yet understated.

I am regularly in touch with the chap who bought the OO from me. He was thinking of selling, don't know if he still has it.
    Let me know if you want his details.
  • surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 132
    Really interesting guitar!  I had a look around for video clips to try and get some idea what mango sounded like but couldn't find any clips for this particular model.  I don't suppose you're aware of any out there?

I also like the idea of a sound port.  I assume the player gets almost a monitor effect of what's coming out of the soundhole?  My only problem with larger bodied acoustics is that you tend to have to hang over the body to get an idea of how the guitar is sounding whereas I'm guessing a port solves that problem to an extent?

Nice to see something completely different and GLWTS!!
    @surfguy13 I will try to record something soon.
  • surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 132
    That would be fantastic, thank you!
    Handmade brilliance at factory-made price
    Huge price drop
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    For those of you who have flagged the thread: the original asking price was £2,500
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.